• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Big fan!! I went to the Joe Hill panel at the SDCC last year. His speech and mannerisms are very similar to this Dad. He read some of this work (short stories) to us and then he actually read a bit of Locke & Key. It was a rather unique experience to have a comic book read aloud by the author.

It was interesting to hear him talk about breaking into the industry without name dropping his father and mother (who is also a novelist). His agent didn't even know that he was Stephen King's son until after his first book was picked up. I'm sure Hill's success is much more gratifying now knowing that he achieved it with hard work and talent. I would recommend his novel Heart Shaped Box to horror fans. I am looking forward to reading his short story anthology 20th Century Ghosts and of course the ongoing saga of Locke & Key.

I will get round to reading these someday! I've had them sitting in one of my boxes for ages now but just haven't had the time to read 'em.

is it necessary to read L+K 1-6 BEFORE reading L+K headgames?

I have picked up all three headgames books (admittedly because of the awesome covers and the hype), and was curious if i'll be lost if i begin here...

i tried L+K 1 and two from the original run, but didn't like it much....want to give this book a real shot.

just re-read 1+2 from the first run...wow

i have NO IDEA what i was smoking when i read them on the only previous occasion sometime last summer...WOW

great books...*sigh* now i have to find 3-6 somewhere before i start headgames....damnit

looking for Locke & Key 2 and 3 1st prints. For this reason I havent read any of em yet! :o Shoot me a pm if you can hook it up...

20th Century Ghosts is a great selection of short stories. Heart shaped Box s good too. Check out the prose!

So I've finally got round to starting on these. Read #1 and #2 of the first run late last night and I loved it. Great idea and the artwork is really nice, just feels fresh compared to what I've been reading lately.

Thankfully I've got all the issues through to Head Games #3 so I'll sit down with those for an hour this afternoon and get through them. If the kids will leave me alone long enough that is :insane: