• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

It seems as though I'm in the minority but I think Crown of Shadows is kind of boring so far; the water cavern issue didn't do that much for me.

I actually liked Headgames, which kind of delved into the keys a little more but Welcome to Lovecraft still takes the cake.

I don't have to tell allot of people here, I am a Locke & Key superfan!

DSC09027.jpg

Currently, I'm even trying to find a Yankee craftsman to build me a "Ghost Door" and frame for my comic room :acclaim:.

But, I hear you. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first volume's #5-6 and Head Games #5 myself, once we lost focus on the Locke children. But upon reading all 12 books together again, once Head Games wrapped, I got it more. Joe Hill is a novelist, and he is writing Locke & Key like one giant novel. When this story is complete all the little details Joe and Gabriel put in it throughout since get go, even in parts that "dragged", will make total sense.

I for one, believe because how importantly it was written and illustrated, Locke & Key: Crown of Shadows #2 will become an eventual Modern Age "key" myself. The series has had some great issues in the past, but none has ever taken the reader on the emotional rollercoaster COS #2 did. It's unique form of storytelling in that issue will be a major influence in writing in 2010 and beyond, IMHO.

A friend of mine owns that Grave Tales but it has been beat by so many of us reading it. You know I am in awe of your collection. (worship)
Thanks Glen. Grave Tales #6 is a tough tough book to get. I went through two Cemetery Dance boxes of untouched books and only could find four that didn't have one spot of color breaking spinal stress. Most were dinged up too, on the tops of their spines and they practically all show spots of color rub on the white spot that says "Horror" on the cover. I'm still hunting for a 9.8 quality book for my friend. I'll let you guess who :baiting:.

I believe it is a tough book to find. And it has such a cool cover, I think I know who is looking for one. I won't mention any names but

11515.jpg

Yup, your right. But now, I guess I'm looking for two 9.8 worthy books for two of my friends.

Two of my friends, I originally gave 9.8 quality versions too :acclaim:.

Lebowski?
Yes, I gave you one of the better Grave Tales #6's, because it has the Goon in it :foryou:.

Gimme another one. :baiting:

:signfunny:

I ain't laughin', yankee.

It's kinda' funny :gossip:.

I was just funnin' with ya, yankee! Come 'ere!

big-brother-google-noogie.jpg