• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Tower Appreciation thread!

30 posts in this topic

Yeah. The new previews lists Fall of Gilead #1. Art by Isanove. Cover by Lee and Isanove. I fear this may cause the book to loose some steam. Anyway, if you like reading the books are great. Wizard & Glass was my favorite (4th of the 7). The Hambry storyline that was in Gunslinger Born is just great. So much more depth.

I hope the comics end before the series of novels' end - just so the end won't off a bunch of comic-book fanboys, too...

I will say this about the books: while I didn't enjoy the last novel much at all, in the end, Roland got what he deserved.

-slym (hated that man and his damnable Tower)

Yeah. The new previews lists Fall of Gilead #1. Art by Isanove. Cover by Lee and Isanove. I fear this may cause the book to loose some steam. Anyway, if you like reading the books are great. Wizard & Glass was my favorite (4th of the 7). The Hambry storyline that was in Gunslinger Born is just great. So much more depth.

this preview listing doesn't necessarily mean that lee isn't doing the interiors...certainly there has to be some source other than preview to confirm or deny that Jae lee isn't going to continue his badazz work on DT.

Copied from Marvel Preview:

COVER BY: JAE LEE

WRITER: ROBIN FURTH

PETER DAVID

PENCILS: RICHARD ISANOVE

INKS: TBD - MID

COLORED BY: RICHARD ISANOVE

THE STORY:

A horrified Steven Deschain learns that the deadly seeing sphere called Maerlyn’s Grapefruit has been stolen from his chambers! Far worse, when he enters his wife’s rooms to arrest her for the theft, his son Roland is standing over her body with a gun in his hand. The youngest gunslinger has perhaps committed the most hideous crime of all!

Continuing the epic saga based on the best-selling Dark Tower novels by the master Stephen King. It’s the first chapter in the most incredible storyline yet.

Lee will bring everyone to the series with the cover. Isanove is a great colorist- it will be interesting to see his pencil work.

I can't believe this thread doesn't have a bigger following on here. I think that the Dark Tower comic series will become a modern classic, with the combination of Lee's artwork (and Isanove's, of course), and the writing acumen of Robin Furth, it really surprises me that this thread isn't already over 25+ pages.

Anyway...Picture time!

100_7547.JPG

I'm following all three adaptations, dark tower, the stand, and the talisman. The dark tower series has the highest production value of them all by a wide margin.

I am going to attempt to assemble a collection of every printed variant in the highest grade possible. I went for the 9.8 on that issue I posted because of three things. 1 - while 9.8 is nice, this one is a little scarcer due to being signed by both Peter David & Isanove, 2 - its the book market variant, and 3 - it's got that nifty Isanove doodle of Roland's mug on the cover.

Boyfriend is picking up the hard backs pretty regularly, but I'm having soooo much trouble getting through the first one, how sad is that?! :( I loved the books, but it seems the comic is dragging.

Eric loved 'em tho P:

I'll keep pushin' through it....

Nice book, MoundCity =)