• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Matt Ramsey said:

I did.  it's crazy because it's you I have to thank because I saw your post and got bitten again by the Crow-bug, so randomly searched the next day and saw it listed.  At this point though, I have to put my Crow addiction and every other addiction on hold because this one just covered me for the next 5 birthdays :).  My eyes aren't the best, but your 9.8 looks immaculate

Take care and best to you in your hunt for that treasured #3

That’s awesome!  Congrats!  It might have covered 5 birthdays but as you said, they are hard to come by.  That book is a beaut.  

Thank you for the compliments and you’re most welcome for the inspiration.

If you see a 9.8 #3 out there let me know! 

7 hours ago, Parabellum said:

That’s awesome!  Congrats!  It might have covered 5 birthdays but as you said, they are hard to come by.  That book is a beaut.  

Will Do!  I have no doubt that you'll nab one and will be happy to let you know if I come across one

Take care!

On 3/14/2019 at 11:21 PM, Parabellum said:

Will Do!  I have no doubt that you'll nab one and will be happy to let you know if I come across one

Take care!

I saw the comic Baker Street #2 carries a very early advertisement of the Crow on the back cover and am wondering if this obscure comic would be worthy of getting slabbed.  I couldn't find this comic in CGC's census.  I have one in very minty condition but if it's not truly considered associated with the original canon, don't want to get lost in the weeds chasing anything and everything related to the crow.  Thanks for anyone's expertise.  Regardless, it's a pretty sweet advertisement IMHO

12 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Paid an arm and a leg for it though 

That's funny, because that's what folks were saying when this was commanding close to a grand.  We can now refer to that price point as the "good old days" I suppose.  These just don't come up.  ComicLink even highlighted that the one above was only the 2nd time they've had the privilege of auctioning off a copy in that grade, which is pretty mind-boggling IMHO

Anyone here lucky enough to pick this one up?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Caliber-Presents-1-CGC-9-8-SS-James-O-039-Barr-1st-Appearance-The-Crow-1989-/143188572976?hash=item2156b43b30%3Ag%3Aio4AAOSwxCBcmohj&nma=true&si=TgUQyMluZwYCHUzeYMoumWwkErs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I actually saw it on Ebay, but couldn't pull the trigger.  Caliber Presents 1 9.8 sgnature.  Off White pages.   Was hardly up for any length of time, but I did have a shot at it

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Between Crow 1 vs Caliber  Presents 1, which one do people buy first?

I think based on general availability, Caliber presents 1 can be acquired more readily than Crow 1.  Caliber presents 1 may be given credit as the 1st appearance but personally I prefer a 1st appearance character to be on the cover and though it doesn’t get that credit Crow 1 doesn’t disappoint.  Hard to find in higher grades with that all black cover.

Edited by Matt Ramsey

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Between Crow 1 vs Caliber  Presents 1, which one do people buy first?

8 hours ago, Matt Ramsey said:

I think based on general availability, Caliber presents 1 can be acquired more readily than Crow 1.  Caliber presents 1 may be given credit as the 1st appearance but personally I prefer a 1st appearance character to be on the cover and though it doesn’t get that credit Crow 1 doesn’t disappoint.  Hard to find in higher grades with that all black cover.

lol and I finally just broke down and bought a Caliber Presents #1 yesterday, he is on the back cover though..... idk I'm probably in the boat that since CP#1 is more readily available it is cheaper...mine's not signed either lol 

C'mon make me feel better about it lol :jokealert:

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol and I finally just broke down and bought a Caliber Presents #1 yesterday, he is on the back cover though..... idk I'm probably in the boat that since CP#1 is more readily available it is cheaper...mine's not signed either lol 

C'mon make me feel better about it lol :jokealert:

Congrats!  Still a wonderful book. I will keep my eye on purchasing a nice copy in the future...Please show us once you get it!