• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

Both.

Caliber Presents would be worth more than it is if the front and back covers were swapped, and there'd be less of them on the market. 

Crow #1 is rarer, but the effect is also amplified because collectors are less likely to sell thanks to that iconic cover. 

Yeah black covers are a biotch too!

On 11/5/2020 at 2:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

New this week!

2020_11_05 2_09 PM Office Lens.jpg

Wish I hadn't taken a different pic for another thread when this was right here, but

Is there any history for 1993 and O'Barr signings?

I assume this would be a 9.8 if the sig wasnt treated as a defect?

Are sigs a different rate of down grade? As oppose to smaller or more obtuse sigs? Lol

I just thought I'd start a conversation to learn about the book, but

I believe the sig is real, just maybe dont have a frame of reference to justify my feeling

4 hours ago, oakman29 said:
5 hours ago, Parabellum said:

I believe that signature is real.  I don’t know if his signature is counterfeited that much.

Of course its real.

Well thanks guys! I kind of figured and when I first posted it wasn't doubted, lol but I guess for the sake of posterity I wanted to hear someone say it 🤣

:whee:

The Crow has long been one of my favorite stories, O'Barr created something timeless with this book.  I was digging through my dungeon and came across this, not sure if it has been shared before in this thread by anyone.  Apologies in advance for the sub par pics. but the booklet has 12 pages with prices, the pics themselves are pretty low quality in the actual book but we all know what they are just from a fuzzy pic.  If there is interest I'll get some better pics taken of the whole things.  I'm amazed at some of the prices these pieces were listed and I assume sold for.  Wish I would have had the money at the time but I was just a poor teen back then.

IMG_1909.jpeg

IMG_1910.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Crow-1-Caliber-Press-1989-CGC-9-6-2nd-Highest-Grade/233678557664?hash=item366853d1e0:g:eWkAAOSwBNRfNCvH

So, haven't done much with my books but began prepping for my first submission in years. I quit submiting because CGC dropped a BA12 9.8 qualifier and basically gave me chump change for the difference back then. Anyways was going over my cgc Crow books and was shocked to see a 9.6 sell for this. I bought one of my 2x copies for like $300 I believe, so just surprised. I'll have to dig out some cool stuff for you guys to see. 

On 11/11/2020 at 10:40 PM, OtherEric said:

Just out of curiosity, why is Crow 1 considered the key over Caliber Presents 1?  Just because it gets the cover, or is it notably rarer?  Or am wrong in thinking it gets priority?

I should dig out my copies; I have a 2nd print on #1 but at least one or two of the books are signed...

Just the cover... it's a boss.  

On 12/25/2020 at 6:56 AM, Sam 1983 said:

Jking347.  As someone who has been observing, conservatively I would price  the grade tiers as follows:

9.8: 5,750

9.6: 1,950

9.4: 1,350

9.2: 1,050

9.0: 850

8.5: 700

8.0: 500

Any changes in the general pricing of this book since Xmas?  I see a lot of high dollar listings on ebay but I don't see much moving.

14 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

Any changes in the general pricing of this book since Xmas?  I see a lot of high dollar listings on ebay but I don't see much moving.

There has been about 10 sales in the last month, with only about 25 still listed of the crow 1-4 os or caliber presents #1....

still not a lot of "high dollar" sales, except for CP#1 and Low grade the crow #1, but I'm thinking deep pocket fans might already own one

either way, that isn't a lot of sales, nor a lot available for sale :foryou: