• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

I dont get on here as much I would like but hope everyone here is doing well. I have not added anything to my "Crow" sketchbook as of lately, I had an "artist" who is fairly well known set to do one but he bagged out and basically ripped me off. I won't name him but am tempted to, the email/Facebook messages exchange is still saved though. Just overall quite nasty.

Generally when I am at a convention I am set up as an exhibitor so it doesn't give me much free time to get sketches as shows are getting bigger and that means busier. Last year I didn't get a single sketch at ECCC and this year's guest list so far only has one guest attending that I would like to get his interpretation of the character so I may contact him prior to the show to discuss.

By the way James will be at the upcoming Wizard World show in Portland Oregon around the third week of February. If I have time I may venture down there to see him, I wish ECCC would bring him back, he loved the show here and its been quite a long time since he was here.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

That's an unpublished page from the Tundra series. James wanted it to be included, but page limits forced him to keep this one out.

That's an unpublished page from the Tundra series. James wanted it to be included, but page limits forced him to keep this one out.

Nice - thanks for the info, Eddy!

Brandon Lee's jacket from 'The Crow' is up for auction

The IRS is auctioning a treasure trove of memorabilia confiscated from a collector who didn't pay his taxes, including a jacket with a hole in it reputedly worn by Brandon Lee when he was shot on the set of "The Crow."

"We can't say for sure anything, and we never would," she said. "Even if we have certificates of authenticity, it is what it is."

This applies to the centerpiece of the auction: the black jacket worn by Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, who died in an on-set accident in 1994. Evenson said the auctioneer who sold the jacket to the collector claimed that it was worn by Lee when he was fatally shot during the filming of "The Crow," which supposedly explains the hole in the jacket. But the IRS would not confirm this.

Nor would the IRS identify the collector, who had paid $20,000 for the jacket, making it the most valuable item in the collection.

160224132747-rock-auction-780x439.jpg

Wow!

There Might Not Be A Crow Remake

Edward R. Pressman Film Corporation, producer the original 1994 film adaptation of The Crow, has moved to deny Relativity Media the right to sequels, prequels, and remake of the film.

The move comes as Dana Brunetti, head of the Relativity following the studios restructuring during bankruptcy proceedings, removes director Corin Hardy from the project. Both Pressman and Relativity brokered a $150,000 holding deal with Hardy to direct, and pre-production on the new film began in August.

Pressman made a deal for the rights to The Crow with Relativity in 2014. According to court papers, that deal required Relativity to begin principal photography within three years, or the rights would revert back to relativity.

This may be a blessing in disguise the way this relaunch has been stumbling.

Corin Hardy On The Crow Reboot - "It Ain't Over"

This weekend, at the Jameson Empire Awards, Hardy won the Best Horror award for The Hallow and took a moment to vaguely discuss The Crow. “I can only say it’s been a very interesting week,” he told Empire. “You have to keep watching, really, because it’s quite a complicated situation. It ain’t over.”