• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

For a complete Registry set, I need four:

The Crow #1 2nd Print

The Crow #3 2nd Print

The Crow #3 (Tundra)

Deadworld #10

But really, I'd be satisifed with just checking off the Tundra book and Deadworld #10. Oh,MANd upgrading my lone #3 9.6 to a 9.8. Those #3 issues are :ohnoez: for me!

For a complete Registry set, I need four:

The Crow #1 2nd Print

The Crow #3 2nd Print

The Crow #3 (Tundra)

Deadworld #10

But really, I'd be satisifed with just checking off the Tundra book and Deadworld #10. Oh,MANd upgrading my lone #3 9.6 to a 9.8. Those #3 issues are :ohnoez: for me!

Don't let registry points overtake your soul. 2c

Brandon Lee's jacket from 'The Crow' is up for auction

The IRS is auctioning a treasure trove of memorabilia confiscated from a collector who didn't pay his taxes, including a jacket with a hole in it reputedly worn by Brandon Lee when he was shot on the set of "The Crow."

"We can't say for sure anything, and we never would," she said. "Even if we have certificates of authenticity, it is what it is."

This applies to the centerpiece of the auction: the black jacket worn by Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, who died in an on-set accident in 1994. Evenson said the auctioneer who sold the jacket to the collector claimed that it was worn by Lee when he was fatally shot during the filming of "The Crow," which supposedly explains the hole in the jacket. But the IRS would not confirm this.

Nor would the IRS identify the collector, who had paid $20,000 for the jacket, making it the most valuable item in the collection.

160224132747-rock-auction-780x439.jpg

This is why you are supposed to hide your collectibles

Been a while since I have been able to add to my Crow sketchbook but managed to get Jim Lee to do his rendition of the character. I had this done at an after show retailers seminar held during ECCC last week put on by DC Comics to discuss their upcoming Rebirth line. There weren't that many retailers who showed up to it, I got to go as a representative of my friend's store. I had never met Jim Lee before, so I was looking forward to it, having been a fan for 25 years. It was a laid back atmosphere, after the presentation DC catered it and Jim signed books for those who brought them and then I asked him if he would do a sketch in my sketchbook. He said he had been asked once before to do the character years ago but he said he can't remember if he had ever done it, so he thought that perhaps this was the first time he drew the character. He was really quite nice and very gracious with his time. It was the perfect setting because there were not many people there, I doubt I could have gotten this if it was at an actual convention.

2a4y3x3.jpg

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

Been a while since I have been able to add to my Crow sketchbook but managed to get Jim Lee to do his rendition of the character. I had this done at an after show retailers seminar held during ECCC last week put on by DC Comics to discuss their upcoming Rebirth line. There weren't that many retailers who showed up to it, I got to go as a representative of my friend's store. I had never met Jim Lee before, so I was looking forward to it, having been a fan for 25 years. It was a laid back atmosphere, after the presentation DC catered it and Jim signed books for those who brought them and then I asked him if he would do a sketch in my sketchbook. He said he had been asked once before to do the character years ago but he said he can't remember if he had ever done it, so he thought that perhaps this was the first time he drew the character. He was really quite nice and very gracious with his time. It was the perfect setting because there were not many people there, I doubt I could have gotten this if it was at an actual convention.

2a4y3x3.jpg

(worship)

That sketch is awesome! Thank you for sharing the story behind it, I always appreciate hearing things like that. I'm happy it was such an incredibly memorable experience for you, that's just so cool to hear.

2a4y3x3.jpg

That is awesome.