• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I doubt this film will be made. Not that is a bad thing, what with all the actors that have signed on and dropped out.

'The Crow' Producer Revives Breach of Contract Lawsuit

While no Crow V starring Bradley Cooper appears to be in the works at the moment, the formerly rumored production is at the center of a breach of contract lawsuit.

The Crow producer Jeff Most is suing Edward R. Pressman Film Corporation and Sammyjack Productions for breach of contract and seeking millions in damages, according to a complaint filed Monday in L.A. County Superior Court.

"While Crow II through Crow IV were comparatively smaller film productions, with budgets of less than $10 million each, Plaintiffs allege, on information and belief, that Crow V will have an approximate budget of $70 million, making it a considerably larger production that would typically result in a producer like Plaintiffs receiving greater compensation," states the complaint.

Anyone ever picked up Death Rattle (vol 3, 1996) #3 before?

It has a great O'Barr cover plus some lost unpublished Crow art..

https://thecrowcomics.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/death-rattle-vol-3-3-1996-the-crow-lost-pages/

That came out when I was still an active show and mail order dealer. Since I loved the crow I ordered 25 copies. Didn't sell too well then, up until a couple years ago I still had 20 copies. lol

It's great stuff though. Just took a while for it to get appreciated.

So I have the option to purchase the crow site unseen issues 1-5 for under $50. No way to verify its first printings. It's through a friend of a friend. They know how much the books could be worth, I was told "they just want to get rid of some stuff".

Worth it even if they are second or third printings? My friend says they are in good shape, barely been touched and bagged and boarded.

So I have the option to purchase the crow site unseen issues 1-5 for under $50. No way to verify its first printings. It's through a friend of a friend. They know how much the books could be worth, I was told "they just want to get rid of some stuff".

Worth it even if they are second or third printings? My friend says they are in good shape, barely been touched and bagged and boarded.

Does he/she mean Crow 1-4 (1989) set, or Crow 1-4 (1989) set + Crow: Death (1992) which finished the rest of the story meant for Crow 5?

Even if the set contains 2nd or 3rd printings of Crow 1-2, 2nd printing of Crow 3 and then Crow 4 (there is only one printing of this book), it could be worth the $50 if the set is in great shape. All these books had a low print run.

And if he meant Crow: Death (Tundra) for Crow 5, that's even better as that will complete the first story arc.

I thought you guys might find my most recent acquisition of interest... The Greek Crow series by Metal Comics is pretty darn cool. Probably the toughest foreign editions of this series we know of to date. According to some research we think 12 foreign printings were done. So far we know of the Greek, French, Italian and Spanish for sure. We are searching furiously for a Japanese and despite what we think might be a Manga version we found... haven't had any luck finding it. With the Japanese obsession with honor and revenge, along with the cult movie status the idea is a Japanese edition would be very possible. But alas no luck as of yet.... anyways enjoy the pics! I love talking to James when I see him at shows and hope to take this book to show him somewheres soon... I bet he would get a kick out of it.....

Crow1_Greek.jpg

greekcrowinsides4.jpg

Greekcrowinsides5.jpg

Greekcrowinsides.jpg

Greekcrowinsides6.jpg

greek_crowinsides7.jpg

Greekcrow_backcover.jpg

I think I am going to be building a foreign set of #1. :cloud9:

Edited by Define999

Awesome! What would be your guess as to print run on this, or any other foreign Crow 1.

Well thats an interesting question. In most instances foreign editions would have had drastically smaller print runs than the American. But, the print runs for the Caliber stuff was pretty small from my understanding. Especially for Crow issue 1 from what I have read. This might be the rare case where foreign print runs could be around the same or speaking of Western Europe possibly even higher than the Amercian. The honest truth is I don't really know? My Greek contacts say the Metal Comics can be real tough to find even in Greece so who knows…. As I learn more I will update you guys. (thumbs u

Awesome! What would be your guess as to print run on this, or any other foreign Crow 1.

Well thats an interesting question. In most instances foreign editions would have had drastically smaller print runs than the American. But, the print runs for the Caliber stuff was pretty small from my understanding. Especially for Crow issue 1 from what I have read. This might be the rare case where foreign print runs could be around the same or speaking of Western Europe possibly even higher than the Amercian. The honest truth is I don't really know? My Greek contacts say the Metal Comics can be real tough to find even in Greece so who knows…. As I learn more I will update you guys. (thumbs u

Thank you. (thumbs u

I just saw this.

Oh boy.

Jason Momoa May Fly With THE CROW After Wielding AQUAMAN's Trident

Could Jason Momoa finally be the star to get The Crow off the ground?

After previous false starts with Tom Hiddleston, Bradley Cooper, Jack Huston and Luke Evans, Relativity Media is now said to be eyeing the upcoming Justice League star. Corin Hardy (The Hallow), attached to the most recent failed launch starring Luke Evans, is still set to direct the picture.

The biggest clue to the deal actually came from Momoa, who posted a picture with Hardy on Instagram

LnyPA2o.png

James was set up in Chicago at Wizard World this weekend.

I always try to pick something up from him, talk to him, give him a little respect, admiration and support.

I was able to pick up a nice sketch, this one he called "The Aggression Scale"

OBarr%20Crow%20Aggression%20Scale019_zpsapg2wmo1.jpg

and a handful of prints, including this one that he decided he didn't like the Crow's head (the bird), and proceeded to redraw, with marker and whiteout to get it closer to where he thought it should be.

OBarr%20Crow%20Print020_zpszaak4tep.jpg

It was great to see him, he was looking well, and sounded up to creating a painted commission he and I had spoke about a few years back.