• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

Wow! I love that Aggression Scale sketch. I'm going to try to pick something up from James at NYCC.

The woman looking at his portfolio in front of me snagged the most gorgeous painted piece on board. It was gorgeous. His prices are very reasonable for predone and convention sketches.

He said he was looking at the movie poster for a Clint Eastwood western and it inspired this pose.

Yeah that definitely comes across in the piece. Kind of has an Unforgiven vibe (which is actually pretty appropriate for the Crow).

I love James, he names every piece, and talks about his inspiration for poses and angles and perspective. Glad to see he's enjoying what he's doing.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with for the painting I am commissioning.

The Crow Reboot Set for January 2017 Filming

crow-momoa-194660.jpg

The Crow will return to the big screen soon thanks to a reboot that will reportedly star Jason Momoa, currently filming Justice League for Warner Bros. as Aquaman. The actor will head to the set of The Crow soon after that film finishes principal photography, according to a report from The Wrap, with a shooting schedule that begins in January 2017. Corin Hardy is also reportedly back in the director's chair for the movie, despite leaving it earlier in 2016. The Crow is based off a comic book created by James O'Barr.

That means Momoa will go from comic book project to comic book project for the forseeable future, as his solo film Aquaman, with director James Wan, is due out in 2018, meaning he'll likely jump right back underwater when The Crow wraps.

Great stuff there comix4fun, congrats on the commission too! James is great, I am proud to have some original sketches in my collection and a number of Crow renditions by other artists, some I have posted on this thread. I just still regret parting with my original four pages I had owned from the Gideon Pawn Shop scene. Ugh.

Edited by Jugger Grimrod

All this Crow art talk has inspired me to post my page:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1339216

It was on eBay a few months ago (and a few pages back in this thread).

Nice page you have I remember seeing it on eBay too! Here is the link to my page on ComicArtFans as well if anyone wants to check out my collection of original Crow pieces, the latest one was done by Jim Lee.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=87126

so of the two Deadworld #10 comics, is the regular cover (O'Barr Johnny Zero) the more desirable one? I would have thought the Not for Wussies variant would be worth more

The not for wussies variant is more desirable.

The Crow Actor Who Accidentally Shot Brandon Lee, Michael Massee, Dead At 61

massee-207526.jpg

The Crow actor Michael Massee has died at the age of 61. He passed away on October 26 from undisclosed causes.

One of the most tragic moments that Massee was remembered for a fatal mistake on the set of The Crow, in which Massee portrayed Funboy. In 1993, on the set of the film based on the comic by James O'Barr, Massee fired an improperly prepared prop gun that killed Brandon Lee, the son of martial arts star Bruce Lee, according to Variety.

The scene was intended to show Massee's character killing Brandon Lee's character Eric Draven, in which Draven would turn into The Crow. Massee was unaware of the mistake made the crew and fired the revolver. Later that afternoon, Brandon passed away on March 31, 1993. He was 28 years old.

The actor admitted that he never could bring himself to watch the film. Following the traumatic experience, Massee returned to New York and took a year-long break from acting. In a 2005 interview, Massee said, "I don't think you ever get over something like that."

Poor SOB.

:(

R.I.P.

He never forgave himself. He made a few appearances over the years and he had a very hard time even signing his name to anything Crow related. I know he eventually signed a few things but you could see the guilt was fresh on his face as if it happened yesterday.

Finally.

Finally finally finally.

Years. Waiting for the right opportunity. Years.

Both the 9.8s were sent in under 9.8 pre-screens, by the way, and rejected.

But I'll take it. ;) Plus, I massaged 'em quite a bit, too.

:D

Caliber%20Presents%201.jpg

Caliber%20Presents%201%20back_zpsfahmf3tf.jpg

Caliber%20Presents%201%202.jpg

Caliber%20Presents%201%20back%202_zpsuvnrwhen.jpg

Caliber%20Presents%201%203.jpg

Caliber%20Presents%201%20back%203_zps0zulo00v.jpg

So many, many years waiting for these. I about cried when I saw them.

The "name written on first page" is Vigil's.