• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/21/oblivions-andrea-riseborough-to-be-main-villain-in-the-crow-rema/

Oblivion's Andrea Riseborough To Be Main Villain In The Crow Remake

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge... :facepalm:

While I dig that chick, I don't think this is the correct role for her. Psycho ex gf? Definitely

Edited by DevilsRain

Gemma has asked me to start a thread on an issue involving two of The Crow Registry sets.

Here is my original comment -

While reviewing the different Crow Registry sets, I noticed that

Deadworld 10 is worth 50 points in the Crow (Complete) set,

however the same book

Deadworld 10 is non-competitive and worth 0 points in the Crow (Chapter One) set.

I am requesting that Deadworld 10 gives points in all sets at this time.

Thanks!

Reed

Please head over to the Registry thread, and vote on whether or not Deadworld #10 should award competitive points in each Registry set it is a part of, or if it should still just award points in the Crow (Complete) Set, and be non-competitive in the Chapter One Set.

I really would appreciate your contribution, as I do not understand why it would be competitive in one set, but not the other. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks everyone!

Reed

Here is the sense you're looking for:

There are TWO Crow registry sets. :idea:

One set is named "Crow (Complete)" because it includes every (or "complete") Crow book whereas the other - the set in question - is appropriately named "Crow (Chapter One)" because every book awarded points in the set contains a piece of the full story of the first Crow... Chapter One.

Thank you for voicing your opinion Harvey.

Please vote in my poll to support your opinion.

I also hope others voice their opinions, and vote accordingly as well.

Thanks!

Vote placed.

Unfortunately with those anonymous polls you will have people voting that don't even own a Crow book, may not even be aware of the significance (or insignificance) of a book, and vote on who they like more.

If the registry is meant to recognize a collections' desirability, presentation and completeness, then every book counts towards that goal. And CGC benefits directly for those wanting those points, and willing to track down and submit such books. That's partly why those registry sets are there.

Good luck Reed.

Thank you.

It is the first poll I have ever created on the Boards, and was not sure the best way to set it up.

My life will go on, whichever way the pendulum swings. But I would rather at least try, then do nothing at all.

It will not make me enjoy my book any less than I do now. It is such a great, great piece of Crow artwork.

Good luck Reed, hope you get it accomplished. I came across a fair priced SS #1 yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger on a 9.2

Dang 9.8 bug, sometimes I wish it never bit me.

lol, I hear you.

I want an O'Barr SS #1 9.8, but am scared to death to crack mine open, lol .

I'm just hoping I somehow slop into one, then I can just enjoy both. :luhv:lol

Good luck Reed, hope you get it accomplished. I came across a fair priced SS #1 yesterday but couldn't pull the trigger on a 9.2

If you don't mind me asking, what was the asking price on the 9.2 SS?

If you do mind me asking, just ignore this post. lol

Edited by vikingreed

It looks like CP #1's are coming back down to earth after that monster $500 sale.

Mar-05-2015 $350 Cert# 1255306001

Mar-03-2015 $324 Cert# 0250857001

Jan-16-2015 $520 Cert# 0238590001

Only three sales so far this year for 9.8 Blues.

There were only three total sold in 2014 as well. (Recorded anyways.)

Nov-30-2014 $305 Cert# 0237160022

Jul-29-2014 $330 Cert# 1161383007

Jun-16-2014 $220 Cert# 0230633006

Two recorded sales of 9.8 Blue Crow (Caliber) #1's so far this year.

Feb-08-2015 $712 Cert# 1267657025

Jan-03-2015 $675 Cert# 1201874020

Just ONE recorded sale in 2014.

Nov-19-2014 $700 Cert# 0237160011 (This one is mine! lol I was so excited...)

There are 20 total 9.8 Crow (Caliber) #1's on the Census, but no way to know if that is 100% accurate with crack outs and re-submissions.

If I tell you will you leave one blue 9.8 for me? lol

Deal? Deal!

The seller at Comicpalooza was asking $160. Seamed fair to me for a SS of a tough book to track down. Yet the 9.2 factor and O'Barr dated it with the year. I'm not really a fan when creators throw a date on it. Or understand it.

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

Edited by vikingreed

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

:cloud9:

Deal? Deal!

The seller at Comicpalooza was asking $160. Seamed fair to me for a SS of a tough book to track down. Yet the 9.2 factor and O'Barr dated it with the year. I'm not really a fan when creators throw a date on it. Or understand it.

Gotcha.

Yep, if a book isn't for you, then the book just isn't for you. Nothing will change it.

Just put that $160 into your 9.8 Crow fund!

I will be on the look out for you, and keep you updated if I see a 9.8 BLUE, :roflmao: .

Deal? Deal!

Gotcha.

Yep, if a book isn't for you, then the book just isn't for you. Nothing will change it.

Just put that $160 into your 9.8 Crow fund!

I will be on the look out for you, and keep you updated if I see a 9.8 BLUE, :roflmao: .

Good for you! Everyone has to have a unicorn dream. lol