• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,754 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Vikingreed said:

So I just found out my set won Best In Copper Age. I am super pumped! I haven't added to it in years, and never would have thought it had a chance. Woot!!

^^

21 hours ago, Vikingreed said:

So I just found out my set won Best In Copper Age. I am super pumped! I haven't added to it in years, and never would have thought it had a chance. Woot!!

Congratulations! Well deserved as a fan that cherishes this story and books. :foryou:

34 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
On 7/19/2019 at 7:26 PM, Vikingreed said:

Any photos of your set???

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=57097

Scroll down and click the "gallery tab" :foryou: 

8 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow!  what's with the spike?

I think there are a couple reasons for this.  The rumors over the past couple years about a reboot have probably brought back interest from old fans and most likely new ones that probably realized that there was a comic series.  This book is notoriously hard to find in 9.8 even though there are 41 of them (varying labels) on the census but they rarely come up for sale (25 public sales that I know of).  Even though it’s not The Crows “first appearance” I believe a lot of collectors find this book more desirable than Caliber Presents 1.  

On 10/16/2019 at 4:23 AM, Parabellum said:

I think there are a couple reasons for this.  The rumors over the past couple years about a reboot have probably brought back interest from old fans and most likely new ones that probably realized that there was a comic series.  This book is notoriously hard to find in 9.8 even though there are 41 of them (varying labels) on the census but they rarely come up for sale (25 public sales that I know of).  Even though it’s not The Crows “first appearance” I believe a lot of collectors find this book more desirable than Caliber Presents 1.  

I agree with Parabellum--One went at ComicLink for 3100 early in the year I believe it was and another a couple months after that went for 2150 on Ebay, but the selling format was different than ComicLinks and the seller from Ebay (kindly) agreed to a best offer and it was sold in less than 24 hours of its listing.  Presently, this went up for auction and there were a ton of bids.  Based on price alone, this comic appears to be far more desirable than Caliber Presents 1.  The Census for Crow 1 is extremely low in 9.8 in comparison, the cover is mesmerizing, and acquiring a high grade with that black cover is insanely difficult.  Even in lower grades, this one continues to climb.  That's not to say Caliber Presents isn't also climbing, but not nearly so quickly as Crow 1.  They announce a new movie or a series and things will likely get even more interesting.

Edited by Matt Ramsey

Hi All and Happy Holidays!  Things have been pretty slow in this thread as of late, but came across something I thought was pretty awesome.  Not sure if there is room here for "Crow Love" that extends to the Crow #1  (1999) Image McFarlane cover 1:10 variant, but by good fortune was able to acquire a CGC 9.8  I find it to be a really great cover and way more elusive to find ( especially 9.8 grade-worthy) than most would figure.  Wishing everyone happiness and health heading into 2020!

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Matt Ramsey
Better closure to narrative