• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,303 posts in this topic

Must be the gooddr!

Took me a while to find the #2 on Abe. I agree, it seems a bit high given its tattered condition.

Didn't know NG #1 was ever on par with Gunfighter 3, but I always thought of it as a bit of a key. Do you know anything about its history? I understand Kent Robertson made a bit of a splash in counter cultural circles in the late 60's, particularly in San Francisco. Even Herb Caen sang his praises!

To post pictures you have to switch to the full reply screen and click the third tiny icon from the left above the dialog box (the icon looks like a tiny picture with geometric shapes in it)... Then you can copy in a direct link to your image... Hope that helps.

Edited by erehwon

Afraid not. You will have to upload an image to a picture-sharing site before you can post it here. I use photobucket, it's free and pretty easy to use.

Here's what the CGC board Noob guide has to say about sharing pictures:

Generally, never post an image larger than 1000px for either Horizontal or Vertical.

You can resize large photos or scans on Microsoft Paint.

- Open the image with Microsoft Paint

- "Resize" at the top left

- Select "Pixels"

- Usually 700 - 750 for the longer side is best

Upload using http://www.tinypic.com

(You can resize here as well: Message Board (640x480))

Upload your image, then copy and paste the:

"IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

You can also do a Google Image search for images:

Google Images, click on the image, click "View Image", copy the link at the top of your browser, paste it using above.

Other sites to upload:

http://postimage.org/

http://www.photobucket.com (if you use Photobucket, be advised the image will disappear after a period of time)

http://imgur.com/

Edited by erehwon

I'm new to underground comic collecting and I was wondering if you good folks could point me in the direction of some good underground websites and places where to pick up some books. I'm currently trying to get a run of Zaps and other Crumb stuff but I want to broaden out more and a bit more knowledge would be great!

It's tough to find information on underground stuff and not many people make it their focus but I love the historical and rebellious attitude of the books...

There's a good but outdated guide at UGComix.info. The last couple forums with all the info over several years are gone. eBay is you biggest source to look for purchase. Arnie at SDCC every year is the best source for high end books. Get a Kennedy guide and read, as well as the Fogel guides. Rebel Visions by Rosenkranz is your best history source book.

UG comix mentions that they have a reprint guide but I can't find it! All there is on the page are outdated links and outdated eBay sales. I don't think the site has been updated since 2007..

COMIX reprint guide

Use the A-Z "keypad" on that page to find the books you are looking for. As far as the page not being updated, most of the information there is still accurate other than recent discoveries made by collectors like 50 Cent here, who has done a lot of great research on undergrounds.

UG comix mentions that they have a reprint guide but I can't find it! All there is on the page are outdated links and outdated eBay sales. I don't think the site has been updated since 2007..

COMIX reprint guide

Use the A-Z "keypad" on that page to find the books you are looking for. As far as the page not being updated, most of the information there is still accurate other than recent discoveries made by collectors like 50 Cent here, who has done a lot of great research on undergrounds.

I didn't see the keypad! That's exactly what I was looking for as far as recognising 1st prints. eBay sellers sell a lot of "first prints" that aren't

Does anyone have a fogels price guide for sale? I know they're on eBay etc and I could post on the WTB thread but I thought I'd ask you guys here first. Bear in mind it will have to be posted to Australia. I don't care what the condition is, I just want to read it.

Thanks !

Note that there's 3 available. The 1st edition (with a regular or limited cover), a supplement, and the 2nd edition (with a regular and limited cover). All 3 have excellent info. and articles besides the price info. so they all are worth picking up even if the price info. in the 1st edition and supplement are outdated.

The three issues that have new info. that I can recall are Zap Comix #2, Big #1, and Freak Brothers #2 that haven't been update on ugcomix.info.

COMIX reprint guide

Thanks. (thumbs u

Also, Mark Rainey's SirReal's site is another source.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I'm looking for a couple comix and thought I'd post them here in the chance someone has one for sale.

Jesus Loves You

Classex Comix Peanus #1 (saw that there was one on eBay six months ago that I missed).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSEX-COMIX-PEANUS-1-MAGAZINE-AN-ADULT-SEX-MAGAZINE-PARODY-ON-PEANUTS-GANG-/381281671186?nma=true&si=G1kZn%252BHZGGuIotEzBISDWuKvfo8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Rebel Visions by Rosenkranz is your best history source book.

This is a must for anyone interested in Undergrounds, an excellent history of the medium chock full of images ( including plenty of rare stuff). It will broaden any new fan's scope of interest.

Hi Guy: Thanx a lot, now I have to get the Peanuts. Oh well, I just got one no one is going to get. Cosmic Circus 2 (print eun of ........2!!!!!!) BTW #3 was never printed or made. I will put the pic on the Facebook underground comic site or the old cbg forum. Screw putting stuff in a photo bucket and re sizing all the time.

When I get another Jesus I wlll contact you. I also just finished about a 1700 item ug catalog excel list.

It will be added to

Rebel Visions by Rosenkranz is your best history source book.

This is a must for anyone interested in Undergrounds, an excellent history of the medium chock full of images ( including plenty of rare stuff). It will broaden any new fan's scope of interest.

Awesome thank you (thumbs u

I've been selling quite a few of my harder to get undergrounds, but I think I'm going to hang onto my copy of Jesus Loves You. That cover is just too good. (Not my copy, mine is in better condition)

jlycover.jpg

Edited by Brother J

I'm looking for a couple comix and thought I'd post them here in the chance someone has one for sale.

Classex Comix Peanus #1 (saw that there was one on eBay six months ago that I missed).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSEX-COMIX-PEANUS-1-MAGAZINE-AN-ADULT-SEX-MAGAZINE-PARODY-ON-PEANUTS-GANG-/381281671186?nma=true&si=G1kZn%252BHZGGuIotEzBISDWuKvfo8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Still looking for Peanus, eh? Well if you recall I found mine in the kids section of a thrift store. Sure, lightning striking twice is unlikely, but still possible. People sorting things tend not to pay attention to the fact that while it looks like the real C. Brown and Co., it's not. Therefore look where you don't expect to find it. I'm proof that it's the sort of thing that does occur.