• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,279 posts in this topic

First a book of his got nice mention in the Planet of the Apes movie a couple years ago, now he's got a whole movie. Nice work Clowes.

I think the work you are referring to was Charles Burns' Black Hole in one of the Planet Of The Apes films.....it's in the camp where the humans are existing. And isn't this Clowes' 3rd trip to the big screen after Ghost World and Art School Confidential?

Yeah, sorry, I was referring to "Hollywood" movies. Those 2 others were definitely independents. Wilson looks low budget but has a A lister starring in it.

Still would rather see a big screen adaptation of a Charles Burns work, though. Preferably directed by someone like David Cronenberg, Ben Wheatley or David Lynch if he's still keen on the medium.....hell, even Cronenberg's kid would be an interesting choice as he's already kind of been there with his film Antiviral....but I digress.....another forum perhaps?

Looks like some more of Eric Sack's collection is going up for auction on Sunday and a large portion on 23-25 February (this one takes place in Dallas). Arnie do you have one of these Corben's in your collection? https://comics.ha.com/itm/memorabilia/comic-related/richard-corben-reclining-nude-limited-edition-statue-47-51-richard-corben-c-1977-/p/7158-33002.s?ic3=ViewItem-Auction-Preview-ThisAuction-120115

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Years ago it was one of my top wants. I went to Kookie Comics at SD con. and was actually leaning on it but did see it. Then one of the French collectors bought right out from me. However, the next year, I didn't see a second in Kookie's case. But at the end of the show, was were going to the cars, he asked me why I didn't buy it. After a brief exchange and $1500 he mailed it to me. Still got it.

re: Jay Lynch

"Hello folks, my name is Kathy, I am a friend of Jay's. I am now staying with him 24/7 as he had asked Hospice to come and help us. I am now aware that many of his friends and colleagues were not aware how sick Jay has been. He has terminal cancer and it has progressed fast. There is nothing more that can be done. He is at home and I am caring for him with the help of Hospice. People have called and he is not able to talk. We are keeping him comfortable. There is no way of knowing for how long. You are welcome to call and I can give you updates, but Jay is not able to talk. He hears me when I talk to him and I tell him when someone calls and I tell him they are praying, thinking of him and send all the love. I will try to keep an up date every few days. Thank you all for the friendship and love you all have had over the years for Jay. He is one special man and loved dearly. Thank you all Kathy"

Oh my. Jay Lynch is my favorite artist. My favorite piece of original art was done by him. My 2nd favorite piece of original art was done by him. Is there anything we can do , 50 cent? Any type of fundraising?

Was this not known to anyone but those close to Jay? I just saw a post from Skip Williamson on FB, and this is the first I've heard of it. Very sad to hear this. To those who didn't post there, Jay used to post over on the CPG underground comix forum once in a while. I really enjoyed his work.

Skip posted 15 minutes ago that Jay has passed today.

Attached is a pic. of an original piece of art I purchased from Jay Lynch.  He and his ex-wife used the alias "Kringo" to produce art together.  For a couple years, he maintained that Kringo was a friend of theirs and that occasionally came to visit and he wasn't aware where "he" was until someone owning a bunch of their one off dolls sold them and let the cat out of the bag and Lynch confirmed it.

Kringo.jpg

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)