The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
7 7

1,202 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Probably the Mixed Age forum, and you'll probably want to post here that you've posted them.

Awesome; thanks!

$717k w/ BP today.  That's R. Crumb hitting new ground for this Fritz the Cat cover from the Felix Dennis estate (he died in 2014, the movie Hippie Hippie Shake was about OZ magazine and Sienna Miller played his girlfriend in the movie.  She became known for wearing a murkin for the movie.  All the copies and negatives of this movie were destroyed, required by the insurance co.  So nobody will ever seen it. Now here's the crazy part, my girlfriend at the time and I saw the movie years ago, we got advanced screening passes to see it in Sherman Oaks were they ask the audience after questions and I pointed out that they could add more of the beautiful art which wasn't shown.  I also pointed out that there was also a plot point about one specific piece of art that was supposed to be well known, I think a centerfold piece, that for some reason wasn't included in the film even though they talked about it more than once.  I thought maybe they hadn't gotten permission yet to show while filming.  I never found out what the art piece was they were referring to.)  Frazetta painting last years sells for a surprising low of $50k and R. Crumb this year skyrocketing...  Is this a sign of the new Underground Comix resurgence, at least in OA, since it's being reported as the highest price ever publicly paid for a piece of original art from an American comic book (those Tintin art pieces in Europe can go for millions)?  https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/robert-crumb-r-crumb-s-fritz-the-cat-cover-original-art-ballantine-1969-/a/7163-91033.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)