• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,303 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2020 at 5:26 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Do they still make underground comics anymore?😷😷

There are a lot of creators out there that create comix that are either directly inspired by underground comix of old, or are done in a similar vein, so to speak. You just have to dig for them. Here are a few that come to mind.

Weird Comix #1-10
https://weirdworksshop.bigcartel.com/

Reptile House Comix #1-4
https://www.reptilehousecomix.com/

Satanic Mojo Comix #1-7
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SATANICMOJO

Yousohigh Comix #0
https://www.artoftrog.com/products/yousohigh-comix-issue-zero

Mission Mini-Comix
http://www.missionminicomix.com/

There are many others, but that should give you an idea.

1 minute ago, Brother J said:

If you're looking for current comix, you have to try The Comix Company: https://thecomixcompany.ecrater.com/

Definitely has a vintage underground feel to them. Focusing on the sex part of the underground comix movement.

Forgot about 'them', but I agree wholeheartedly, Bro J!

Just read that Nicola Cuti passed away on the 20th of February this year.  While he didn't make much of an impact to Underground Comix, his Moonchild series made me remember his name, and First's E-Man series from the Comic Books of the 80's that I used to collect makes me recall his name for the high school period of my life.  Makes me all the happier I purchased a copy of the Monnchild series he reprinted into one book several years ago.

7 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Just read that Nicola Cuti passed away on the 20th of February this year.  While he didn't make much of an impact to Underground Comix, his Moonchild series made me remember his name, and First's E-Man series from the Comic Books of the 80's that I used to collect makes me recall his name for the high school period of my life.  Makes me all the happier I purchased a copy of the Monnchild series he reprinted into one book several years ago.

Not familiar with Moonchild, but loved his work on E-Man and Michael Mauser.  He wrote some fun stuff.

10 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

Talk about Ripley's.....was perusing an old fanzine dedicated to Warren mags about an hour before seeing your post. It's titled Spooky, Vol. 2 Number 2, and in it is an  interview with Mr. Cuti, who I had not thought about for years! Sorry to read of his passing! Not sure what this all means, but it's interesting, to be sure! Thanks for passing that along!

On 11/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

The kids are calling undergrounds "outlaw comics" now. 

Recentish pickup from Black Cat in Texas.  Sat BIN for a while before it was put on sale and I couldn't resist. Presents great but has a production crease horizontal across the cover. 

122789172_3235149579866175_4852054188821056550_o.thumb.jpg.a5f60178190878b2ff7379a3b8f3cc26.jpg

122724386_3235172476530552_8605326855536031720_o.thumb.jpg.8ffb4d7b78822dd4494f71a646d57fd1.jpg

Crumb is a genious👍👍😷😷‼️

7 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Just got this one. I think it's a 2nd print but not sure.:)

Zap #2 2nd Print maybe.jpg

Check page 40, the "Head First" comic by Wilson.  If it's cut off at the bottom edge, it's a first.  If the page is correctly aligned, it's a second. (Or at least, one of the several indistinguishable printings that are considered second)

6 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Check page 40, the "Head First" comic by Wilson.  If it's cut off at the bottom edge, it's a first.  If the page is correctly aligned, it's a second. (Or at least, one of the several indistinguishable printings that are considered second)

Looks aligned on Pg 40 so 2nd print for sure. Thanks!(thumbsu

I have an underground comic from 1966, that I cannot find any information about.  I have contacted several people well known in the comic book business.  Shown the comic to them.  No one has ever seen or heard of this comic other than the one I have.   It's approximately 5x7, opens left to right, and has a price of 60 cents on cover.  The comic is titled "Superboobs."  It is black and white art, but the heroine and the baddie, "Bare Bottom", are actual photos the two women over lain in the comic, one topless and the other bottomless.    One guy who collects underground said the art reminded him of another underground comic called "Batf*g."  I have never seen that comic or heard of it either, as I am not an underground collector per say. Anyone heard or know about this book? Publishing Indicia is A.A. & E Publishing Corp Long Island New York.  No artist or author in inside. Pretty funny comic.  

Edited by Earthshaker01

From Dona Corben:

It is with great sorrow and loss that I must share the sad news that Richard Corben died Dec 2, 2020 following heart surgery.  He will be missed tremendously by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Richard was very appreciative of the love for his art that was shown by you, his fans.  Your support over the decades meant a great deal to him.  He tried to repay your support by working diligently on each piece of art going out to you.  Although Richard has left us, his work will live on and his memory will live always in our hearts.

I will continue to conduct sales of Richard’s art through the Corben Studios website at corbencomicart.com.  I will also be managing the ongoing process of publishing his work internationally.  Please give me and my family a little time to collect ourselves and we’ll get back with you in 2021.

Dona Corben

5 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

From Dona Corben:

It is with great sorrow and loss that I must share the sad news that Richard Corben died Dec 2, 2020 following heart surgery.  He will be missed tremendously by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Richard was very appreciative of the love for his art that was shown by you, his fans.  Your support over the decades meant a great deal to him.  He tried to repay your support by working diligently on each piece of art going out to you.  Although Richard has left us, his work will live on and his memory will live always in our hearts.

I will continue to conduct sales of Richard’s art through the Corben Studios website at corbencomicart.com.  I will also be managing the ongoing process of publishing his work internationally.  Please give me and my family a little time to collect ourselves and we’ll get back with you in 2021.

Dona Corben

I wish I had anything to say; but all I've got is He will be missed.  An amazing creator.