• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,279 posts in this topic

On 12/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

From Dona Corben:

It is with great sorrow and loss that I must share the sad news that Richard Corben died Dec 2, 2020 following heart surgery.  He will be missed tremendously by his family, his friends, and his fans.

Richard was very appreciative of the love for his art that was shown by you, his fans.  Your support over the decades meant a great deal to him.  He tried to repay your support by working diligently on each piece of art going out to you.  Although Richard has left us, his work will live on and his memory will live always in our hearts.

I will continue to conduct sales of Richard’s art through the Corben Studios website at corbencomicart.com.  I will also be managing the ongoing process of publishing his work internationally.  Please give me and my family a little time to collect ourselves and we’ll get back with you in 2021.

Dona Corben

A master, a devoted artist to the medium, a sincere poetics.
His romanticism has been a friendly presence for many many years.
Thanks so much. Take it easy.
Bye.

CidopeyP01.jpg

cidopey-richard-corben.jpg

Edited by ug18

On 12/11/2020 at 10:04 AM, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

So the R. Crumb personal signed copy of Zap Comix #1 (Plymell) sold for $27k yesterday.  The Slow Death #2 (Silver) sold for $1,440.

Now that Stan an Ditko are gone I think Crumb is our greatest living comic related personality‼️‼️👍😷

On 11/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, Earthshaker01 said:

I have an underground comic from 1966, that I cannot find any information about.  I have contacted several people well known in the comic book business.  Shown the comic to them.  No one has ever seen or heard of this comic other than the one I have.   It's approximately 5x7, opens left to right, and has a price of 60 cents on cover.  The comic is titled "Superboobs."  It is black and white art, but the heroine and the baddie, "Bare Bottom", are actual photos the two women over lain in the comic, one topless and the other bottomless.    One guy who collects underground said the art reminded him of another underground comic called "Batf*g."  I have never seen that comic or heard of it either, as I am not an underground collector per say. Anyone heard or know about this book? Publishing Indicia is A.A. & E Publishing Corp Long Island New York.  No artist or author in inside. Pretty funny comic.  

post some pictures

On 7/31/2020 at 7:32 PM, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

With the FB series coming out soon on Netflix and this particular special copy, I'm surprised I saw this listed on eBay and it's been there for a week.  Guess these are tough times?  Arnie, weren't you looking for a copy of this?  Or did nobody notice?  ComixJoint may have not since he didn't put it in the description, as I would think that would be a definite selling point. Or maybe it'll be gone next time I check?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fabulous-Furry-Freak-Brothers-1-1st-Printing-1971-CGC-8-0-Top-25-All-Time/143644342860?hash=item2171deba4c:g:MlEAAOSwc2le-S21

maybe because its not the 1st app of the Freak Brothers? i also think underground comix has not caught the attention of the masses yet

1 hour ago, engelhard said:

i love that Zap #4 cover.. love it so much i have two of them lol both are 1st prints

I think I have a 2nd or 3rd printing of Zap 4 does anyone know how to tell the difference between the first few printings? (cover price?)

37 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I think I have a 2nd or 3rd printing of Zap 4 does anyone know how to tell the difference between the first few printings? (cover price?)

the staples... the 1st one is around 2'' down from the top of the comic... i can take some pics later to show you

6 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Nice, I love it so much I made it my profile pic. lol Wish I had  a first print. That rocks you have 2. :headbang:

someone else liked it so much they paid 89k for a cover proof

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/victor-moscoso-zap-comix-4-wraparound-cover-original-art-apex-novelties-print-mint-1969-/a/7036-92354.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

lfbbbb.jpg

39 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

S. Clay Wilson passed away yesterday, posted by his wife Lorainne today on facebook.

I'm sorry to hear that, although it's not surprising given his injuries in 2008.  He was always an artist who I respected more than enjoyed, personally; when you get somebody so dedicated to going outside the bounds you get stuff that's, well outside the bounds.  But you need people pushing or we'll never get anywhere.  He also had more of a sense of humor about his work than some of the Underground creators; parodying himself in the National Lampoon Very Large Book of Comical Funnies.

The only cover of his I have scanned currently:

Zap_14.jpg