• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,303 posts in this topic

A little help please.....

I am trying to determine true first prints for the four "Cherry Collection" books.

I think 1st print volume I says "Yentzer & Gonif" in upper left corner.

I think Volume II and III say "Kitchen Sink" upper right side.

Volume IV???

A little help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I saw a comic book yesterday at my LCS that may be considered the closest to a modern day version of an Underground Comix, called Jesus Christ In the Name of the Gun. Anyone check it out? Jesus kicking Nazi's and Hilter's and blowing people away, pretty offensive to Catholics, but I thought it looked good...

I saw a comic book yesterday at my LCS that may be considered the closest to a modern day version of an Underground Comix, called Jesus Christ In the Name of the Gun. Anyone check it out? Jesus kicking Nazi's and Hilter's and blowing people away, pretty offensive to Catholics, but I thought it looked good...

I recently read a comic book called "Freedom Collective," published by Rough-Cut Comics. It's a homage to Kirby and Lee with the exception that all the super-heroes are Russian communists... It's pretty funny and would have been pretty subversive if published in the 1960's. I haven't read Jesus Christ In the Name of the Gun but I'll try to check it out... That reminds me Happy Easter everyone!

Hi, I'm hoping some of you knowledgeable folks can help me ID the printing #s for these Freak Brothers issues from Rip Off Press. There's a bunch of them so sorry if this is a bandwidth hog of a post. Thanks for any help you can offer (or just take a moment to enjoy the cool covers) Dave H

Underground Classics Freak Brothers #0 cover $2 published 1985

freakbros0.jpg

Collected Adventures of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #1 cover $1.50 published 1980

freakbros1.jpg

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #3 cover $1.50 published 1980

freakbros3.jpg

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #4 cover $1.50 published 1980

freakbros4.jpg

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #5 cover $1.50 published 1980

freakbros5.jpg

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #6 cover $1.50 published 1980

freakbros6.jpg

Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers #8 cover $2 published 1984

freakbros8.jpg

According to the Fogel Guide:

#1 c=1.50 is a 16th print

#3 c=1.50 is a 7th print

#4 c=1.50 is a 4th print

#5 c=1.50 is a 4th print

#6 c=1.50 is a 2nd print

#8 c=2.00 is a 1st print

... and if you are wondering where my previous posted pics went.... doing some remodeling/file sourcing... should be back with some covers in a week or so.

I'm on cloud 9.. Just got this in the mail today. My new favorite underground (well.. 2nd to Cherry Poptart, duh). It's an absolutely stunning copy.. and a friggin hilarious read. :banana:

mickeyrat1-largejpg.jpg

Cool comic :) I was going to pick one of those up off ebay the other day...

Wow, not one guess or comment on S. Clay Wilson's probable first published works.

It was from Grist #7 (1966). A poetry magazine by John E. Fowler and Charles Plymell was an editor on.

Well, here's a piece from his probable second published work. Grist #9 (1966).

1 piece by Steven C. "Chopper Pilot" Wilson.

78322.jpg.a1acff7c6ca3d6bfe319be24c4b1372e.jpg