• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 STOLEN 1979 ORIGINAL HULK ART PAGES FROM 237 & 239

10 posts in this topic

ok, i'm WAY late posting this but it's still painful to this very day. i had the two hulk pages seen below stolen from my mpls, mn toy store 10 years ago along with a british planet of the apes magazine cover. i bought the hulks for i think 10 bucks each back in the early 80's from a guy named, i think, roger clemson, or a similar name. i don't collect original art, but i'd love to have these tracked down because of nostalgic and other reasons. i just wanted a few pieces back then to display and show to friends.hulk has always been my favorite character and i've always loved sals artwork, which i always thought was under appreciated. any help is greatly appreciated and i wouldn't ask any questions if the current owner contacted me--i'd just like to have them again. perhaps they have been long-absored into the marketplace, but i have to try, even at this late day. i'll try and muster up some reward as well and post a pic of the apes piece from the cover as i don't have or recall the issue number. thanks people. contact me thru this site or robb at: toygalaxy@juno.com (sniff sniff)

3366907706_debf0c9da4_o.jpg3366914002_60f1ac3bef_o.jpg

Did you file a police report back then?

It will be easier to re-claim stolen items if you did. If not, you'll have a harder time, especially if the statute of limitations is up.

With that said, do a quick search on the ComicArtFans website and see if it appears anywhere there.

Good luck.

Cheers!

N

thanx for the info. i checked it out but no such luck. i never did report the theft--i guess i figured i'd never see them again. and of course, this site was not available back then, else i would have made it know asap. i'll just keep my fingers crossed....btw, does anyone know of a good planet of the apes british uk magazine covers gallery site? i need to find the issue from the cover i had so i can post it here. also, the cover did not have the main pota logo, just the artwork.

Marvel Maniac.. if these pages were stolen 10 years ago, you were aware of the theft & did not report it.... you have no chance of getting the art back even if it is found. Any applicable statue ran out 5 years ago, and possibly even 8 depending on where you are.

There are federal laws and state laws as well and if you had reported it at the time, you could still have a claim today. However, by not filing a report at the time that you discovered the theft, you essentially "abandoned" your claims once any basic statute of theft expired in your state.

thanx for the link bud. the planet of the apes issue is #83 from may 22 1976. i might add that this original cover art page did not have the logo or text at all--it was the artwork alone. i've included a pic, altho the pic i found is very small (i'll try and find a better pic). also, i guess i should have been a bit more clear. i never expected to get any of these back "free of charge" by some kind of legal case, i'd just like to locate them again and purchase them from the current owner. any help is much appreciated--more than you can know. thanx again people.

3370759790_53807e1b97_o.jpg

Marvel Maniac.. if these pages were stolen 10 years ago, you were aware of the theft & did not report it.... you have no chance of getting the art back even if it is found.

Sadly, I've got to agree.

Because of this post, though, I wouldn't buy the OA even if it came to light. I think that's true for many of us here.

Marvel Maniac.. if these pages were stolen 10 years ago, you were aware of the theft & did not report it.... you have no chance of getting the art back even if it is found.

Sadly, I've got to agree.

Because of this post, though, I wouldn't buy the OA even if it came to light. I think that's true for many of us here.

It could have traded hands 2-3 or more times in all this time. Be happy for you if it did turn up but what a mess that would be.

if they did show, i'd simply just like a chance to purchase them. if the owner declined, or i was outbid, oh well, at least i tried. i certainly wouldn't make a big mess of it by any means because it probably has changed hands several times. if anybody has any leads, feel free to let me know. again, i would not turn this into a horrible ordeal. thanx people.