• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

good OA portfolios? tired of using USPS sleeves inside of masonite :)

11 posts in this topic

anyone have any names and or pics of art portfolios they use and like? I need to invest in one of these babies :)

Thanks in advance!

I have 6 or 7 Itoyas that I was going to sell.

I had a custom maple flat file built to store my art and I have Itoyas that are pretty much brand new that I don't need anymore.

I have 11x17, 14x17, 13x19 and a couple other sizes.

If interested we can talk and I can save you some cash over the artstore prices.

Best,

Chris

I am a little nuts sometimes. My favorite art goes into a mylar sleeve, gets taped up and then goes into the portfolio. I make sure that there is no air in the sleeve as I tape it and it does a good job at presenting and I don't have to worry about anything getting in and munching on them. Some boardies have shown the damage that bugs can make..

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=597

I agree with everyone so far.

I use the 4 mil 12 1/2 x 18 1/2 mylars from Bags Unlimited along with the 13 x 19 Itoyas.

btw - I've been buying from Bags Unlimited for years and never had an issue. I haven't spoken to them yet but my most recent order, I had a few mylars where the seals on the edge were torn at the top where the sleeve opens up. Maybe 20 mylars out of 200 so this represents 10%. It's a small tear so they are still usable but annoying nonetheless. Anyone else notice a drop in quality control?

(shrug)

I'm real careful when I open the sleeve so it's not me causing the tear.

I've met some of the guys at shows and they are nice so I don't have an issue otherwise. It's never been a problem in the past.

Cheers!

N

I am a little nuts sometimes. My favorite art goes into a mylar sleeve, gets taped up and then goes into the portfolio. I make sure that there is no air in the sleeve as I tape it and it does a good job at presenting and I don't have to worry about anything getting in and munching on them. Some boardies have shown the damage that bugs can make..

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=597

How do you tape up the mylars? The 4mil mylars do not have flaps.

I was thinking about buying poly bags to go over the 4 mil mylars with the backing boards before placing them in the Itoya portfolios. Talk about neurotic. :eek:

wow, this place is a link treasure-trove for me! thank you so much agoo and comix!

Ok, that's IT! I have been hating that username for a while now so it is time to change. When you abbreviate it to "agoo", it sounds like something to say to a baby. :frustrated:

How do you tape up the mylars? The 4mil mylars do not have flaps.

I was thinking about buying poly bags to go over the 4 mil mylars with the backing boards before placing them in the Itoya portfolios. Talk about neurotic. :eek:

Yes, that is neurotic..... but to answer your question, I usually buy the ones with flaps. One time I did make a mistake and bought some without flaps but box tape is big enough to close it. I just run the tape along one side of the mylar (using half of the width of the tape so I can fold it over the other side), make sure all the air is out and then fold the tape over the other edge. Makes a good seal but sometimes it looks sloppy if the tape doesn't fold correctly.

wow, this place is a link treasure-trove for me! thank you so much agoo and comix!

Ok, that's IT! I have been hating that username for a while now so it is time to change. When you abbreviate it to "agoo", it sounds like something to say to a baby. :frustrated:

my bad, i guess i should have said good venture :blush: