• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know Strangers In Paradise 1st series real well?

5 posts in this topic

I picked up a small indy collection with what I think is a first print Strangers In Paradise #1 Antarctic Press 1993

The indicia says "Strangers In Paradise no. 1, November, 1993 is published bi-monthly by Antarctic Press." followed by blah blah blah and ending with ""Katchoo! Bless You!" Print Run: 3000. Printed by Brenner Printing, San Antonio, Texas"

The Strangers In Paradise title on the cover is in pink ink. Apparently there is a later printing with the title in gold ink. Can anyone tell me if that is indeed a first print or not..? Overstreet doesn't go into detail and GCD doesn't list the later printings

thanks

Dave H

sip1.jpg

Edited by Dave_Hennen

Hey Dave,

What you have is a first print of the 93 Antarctic Press printing of SiP, Vol. 1 #1 - they did three printings of 3000 copies, and the covers are identical for all three printings.

However, in the indicia (bottom of the inner cover), a 1st print does not have a printing listed and says "Katchoo! Bless You". For the 2nd print, it says "SECOND PRINTING" and "Is Katchoo a lezbean? Is this so?". For the 3rd print, it says "THIRD PRINTING" and doesn't mention Katchoo.

The gold edition reprint you're referring was actually published by Abstract Studio in 97 - it's pretty easy to distinguish from the Antarctic Press print because:

a) it has a gold logo

b) it has an Abstract Studio logo instead of the AP logo

c) it doesn't have the blue/purple bar with the "1" in the circle at the bottom

Nice book, btw.

Michael