• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

noobie OA question #4= SCANNERS!!

11 posts in this topic

so i've been digging around a bit, and have found some cool scanners in my price range ($50-$125)...

but before i bought one, i wanted to check here for some quick words o' wisdom...

i'm mainly looking at the mustek A3 1200 Pro, but was curious if there are others i should consider...so:

WHAT IS THE SCANNER OF CHOICE FOR OA COLLECTORS?

and more importantly, does anyone have a solid mustek for sale in my price range :wishluck: i'd prefer to score one from a boardee than off of the bay or some online electronics store..

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I have been using this bad boy for the last few years....

EPSON 836XL

largeEpson836XL.jpg

It's a dream machine on artwork and slabs and comics.

Being that my new machine is Windows Vista 64bit my office upgraded me to:

Epson GT 20000

epson_gt20000_1.jpg

pretty much the same machine, but with USB connectivity and drivers for Vista 64bit.

Epsons are work horses, they have some of the highest reliability in the industry but it comes at a cost that is far higher than the Mustek. I bought my 836xl when Epson upgraded to USB on their models and recalled the 836's from dealers. It would up being about 75% off.

I would look around and read all the reviews before you decide.

Best,

C

The Epson GT 20000 is one of the best oversize scanners out there - the color accuracy is out of this world. Comparing that to the Mustek A3 1200 Pro is like comparing an Amazing Fantasy #15 from 1962 to an Amazing Fantasy #15 from 2004; they're both scanners, but that's pretty much the only thing they have in common.

Just too expensive for me :cry:

The Epson GT 20000 is one of the best oversize scanners out there - the color accuracy is out of this world. Comparing that to the Mustek A3 1200 Pro is like comparing an Amazing Fantasy #15 from 1962 to an Amazing Fantasy #15 from 2004; they're both scanners, but that's pretty much the only thing they have in common.

Just too expensive for me :cry:

Amazon is have a REALLY nice sale on the GT 20000 right now. Cheap enough to get my firm to spring for one for me.

44% of MSRP, no sales tax and Free shipping.

Between thediscount, tax and shipping savings it's over $1100 off.

:o

Best,

Chris