• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc Forum Alert!
5 5

346 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2009 at 5:55 PM, Architecht said:

Post here if you have a sale in the misc forum that contains forum Golden / Bronze / Silver age books and you want a mention here.

I have a beautiful mainly bronze age collection for sale in the Misc. forum. Sharp comics. Thanks 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/419722-253-near-mint-marvel-bronze-age-high-grade-for-collectors-comic-collection-single-owner-loaded-with-keys-asm-300-361-hulk-271-titans-44-iron-man-128/

253 NEAR MINT Marvel Bronze Age HIGH GRADE FOR COLLECTORS Comic Collection Single Owner LOADED WITH KEYS ASM 300 361 HULK 271 TITANS 44 IRON MAN 128

I have some slabs from the early 1990s for sale in copper/modern and runs of Marvel Bronze in Gold/Silver/Bronze. Feel free to combine shipping as I have tons of cardboard.

This might be a little early for the announcement, but my next sale is going to be so large, I want everyone -- in particular, those who have been steady buyers from me over the years -- to have enough of a heads-up to have their anticipation built up for it and be ready when it comes. :devil:

A sale that will likely encompass close to 2000 books is coming, likely in the middle of September.  Half of it will be Silver/Bronze, the other half Copper with the occasional Modern thrown in.  The older books will be a lot of affordable lower-mid-grade to mid-grade, with some higher grade stuff tossed in.  There will be a LOT of keys, and hopefully all will be in a price range that will make it easy for people to pull the trigger.

This is the result of a collection I picked up on consignment, and a mixture of my own offerings thrown into the mix.  More than 90% will be books that have never been in a sales thread before that I've run (or will be different copies, if I've offered the issue before).  There should be something for everyone -- so keep an eye out here and in the individual forum announcement threads for when the sale is nearing (I'm 75% through the grading/rebagging portion now, so I'm hoping I'll be able to start scanning soon).  I'll be glad to answer an PM's about the sale, but I will not be selling anything ahead of time, as to give everyone a chance to grab something from the sale. :foryou:

Here's a quick preview of some of the mores sought after books you'll find:

5U7jeX4l.jpg

n5txbe6l.jpg

V09VOvJl.jpg

Hope to see everyone there in a few weeks! :foryou:

:news: Going on Right Now in Mixed! 

Coming some time today (barring disaster) -- the sales thread called "I Gotta Be Nuts!"

From Silver to Copper, there will be digests, paperbacks, photo covers, general screwiness. We're talking the kinda stuff where 9 out of 10 say "who the heck wants that?" And the 10th person pulls the trigger instantly. Nothing overly expensive, but some stuff hard to find and all of it fun and wacky. Definitely for niche collectors; come see if yours is represented.

Watch Mixed Threads for it; come hang out with me and the TMNT, Batman, Barbie, the Partridge Family, the MLJ heroes, Archie and others! :insane: (Official emoji of this very special, highly questionable, fully demented, extremely fun sales thread!)

•  
Edited by Readcomix

:news:

Original Owner Silver Age collection offerings, beginning tomorrow night around 9-10 pm EST.

Some of you may recall a few weeks ago I acquired an OO collection distinguished by two cool characteristics -- clear, prominently placed date stamps in unobtrusive places on most covers, and the collector's initials, M.R.," in blue pen in the lower right margin of the splash pages (on most but not all books). 

I have selected a few pieces for my collection, and I have offered books to a couple local collectors (DD7 will be shown on Thursday; will offer it thereafter if he passes), but the others will be offered over the next several days starting with Daredevil tomorrow night. Also coming are Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, Strange Tales, Journey into Mystery, Kid Colt 121, and a group of the Atom to be offered as a lot for a shipped price. All others will be offered individually; shipping will be actual.

The collection was amassed in Springfield, Massachusetts; as indicated by a form filled out but not clipped in TTA #65.

The books are lower grade range but clean, flat and bright. It's cool stuff; please check it out! See pics below to get an idea. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
More pix

Quick update -- pretty much all of the books have been graded (18 short boxes). More minor keys have been uncovered along the way as well than what was pictured at first.  Scanning of said books begins this week, so I'm hoping for a next Monday (September 11) start for the sale.  If the scanning goes slower than expected (due to work and fantasy football drafts), then the sale should be no later than Monday, September 18. 

Quick look at the books, ready to head to some of you hopefuly ASAP.  PM's are welcomed ahead of time, but no pre-sales of anything in fairness to everyone.

Hope to see everyone there!

TnQjSwpl.jpg

On 9/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Due to fantasy football drafts and an unfortunate health scare with my dad, I'm pushing the start of the sale to the September 18th date, as I fell behind in getting things scanned.  Hope to see everyone next Monday! 

It's official -- my sale will be starting at 7:00 PM CST on Monday. About half of what's pictured above is G/S/B, so plenty to choose from. :)  Plenty of keys, and a mixture of high-grade, mid-grade, and lower grade, including lots and freebies. Not all of the books are scanned yet -- I'll be working on doing that in my spare time while working the weekend and on Monday -- but I have plenty to get the ball rolling.  Hope to see you all there on Monday! :foryou:

If I can shoot enough books today, I will start later tonight (EST) with thread of two to three dozen books, mostly golden age, including GA Wonder Woman, LB Cole, several pre-code romance, a classic cover funny animals book, some tough stuff including stuff not pictured in Gerber, and some early silver Betty and Veronica. There are also a couple other silver items (2nd Zatanna, JLA in Blackhawk), and a handful of minor key/noteworthy cover bronze Superman and Action books, including a boardie cult favorite.

Who's up for that?

In fairness to all as a lot of this GA stuff is not the most common, no advance PM sales. I won't be available to accommodate it anyway, if I'm to get it all shot in time.

4 minutes ago, Changer said:

Assume Monday?

More Monday, but I have posted several already, including a freebie. Thank you for following up and being interested!

It's the first thread currently in GSB, titled "Golden Age! Tough books and oddities..."

Edited by Readcomix

Looks like I am going to be starting my annual Dale Roberts Comics Holiday sales thread on December 5th. Probably going to be shorter than in the past, but still should be a good sized thread. Still working it all out in my mind, but we will say December 5th at 8 PM CST. I will be posting updates and previews over the next week. I think I have about 50 pre-code horror books set aside to list, misc Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze age and as always some surprises thrown in. There will be considerably high grade books as well as lots of keys and semi keys. 

I'm selling off a few Amazing Spider-Man copies here.  Starting with issue #9, a chopped up assortment up to around issue #180 or so, and then a straight shot to #300 and beyond! 

I realize a very small portion of these are classified as copper. When I get to that part of the run, if it's a problem I will create a different thread.

For now:

YOU  PEOPLE  ARE  IN  SOOOOO MUCH  TROUBLE!

Announcing  the triumphant  return  of    CATRICK'S  CORNUCOPIA!  

Starting   Friday  evening  12-1-17   or  Saturday  12-2,  I'm  going  to  tear  up  the joint  with  a  big  ol'  heap  of   Teen  Humor,   oddball  Golden  Age and  Silver Age,  a nice  little  stack  of   low  grade  PCH,     several  PCH  SLABS,  a  few  romance   issues,  a nice stack  of  Monster  Times,  and  various other  odd bits.    

I'm  thinking  that  this   batch  will  take   better  than  a  week  to  get  cycled  through,  so  line  up early, :D

Tentative  start  is  apx  8 PM  on   Friday,   or  for  sure midmorning  Saturday.  

You  Have  Been  Warned,    lol