• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you decide a price for double covers?

41 posts in this topic

I have a Flash double cover that will be going to cgc. I imagine it should grade above 9.2 for the outside cover. But is there some rule of thumb for pricing these? And there doesnt seem to be one on census, and nothing mentioned in GPA.

If it's a key,icon cover, or scarce...it may command a premium.If the outer cover is as nice as the inner it helps. I've seen examples were a book may have an inner cover of 9.2 and an outer cover of 8.0 that goes for less than the 9.2 grade that CGC gives it because it isn't nice in the slab..I'd try starting with a 50% premium ....you can always lower the price.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. If the book doesn't generally fetch guide....full guide for the double covermay be all you can expect.

Do some people remove the first cover if it's a much lower grade that the interior cover before sending to CGC. I have never even held a double cover. I hope to own one someday.

1.5X guide or FMV.
I may have paid more then that.. :( But it is a Flash 217 Neal Adams cover (yellow border) I like it, but was considering selling after it is slabbed

I've paid 10x FMV for a couple of double covers.

Do some people remove the first cover if it's a much lower grade that the interior cover before sending to CGC. I have never even held a double cover. I hope to own one someday.

I did on an Amazing Spiderman low 200 with twin fusion or something, the outside cover looked like hell, the inside looked crisp and clean.

I do not regret it one bit.

I have a number of double cover issues (both raw and slabbed) and personally wouldn't sell one unless I got at least 1.5 to 2x GPA for a single cover issue in the same grade. :sumo:

Which brings me to my next point.. my neece, 8 years old was getting shown some of my new foreign comics, some which I have to searched far and wide to find.. I showed her my spiderman 300 mexican edition 1989, she found it to be a double cover!!! I rushed to get my wife, because this comic took me 5 months to find get, lo-and behold..my neece took the top cover off because of "of the defect uncle hector" , "now it's perfect"...... :o :o :o

I had a blank look in my face...and walked away...destroyed a bit inside..my fault totally...

I did on an Amazing Spiderman low 200 with twin fusion or something, the outside cover looked like hell, the inside looked crisp and clean.

I do not regret it one bit.

Cool! (thumbs u

I once owned an Omac # 1 that I bought off the rack that was a triple cover....and have heard stories of books with as many as 5 covers.GOD BLESS...

I once owned an Omac # 1 that I bought off the rack that was a triple cover....and have heard stories of books with as many as 5 covers.GOD BLESS...

hulkquadruple.jpg

hulkquadruple.jpg

WOW...awesome book (thumbs u