• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you decide a price for double covers?

41 posts in this topic

A please tell.. and post.. I'd love to see a book with anything above three covers.. please do, I only own one. Atom Age 1

MM5covers.jpg

WOW.....my mom used to love those old Mickey Mouse mags....never saw one in such nice shape....that would be worth a jag even with only one cover.The Hulk is awesome as well....4 covers on a book that's already cool.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A please tell.. and post.. I'd love to see a book with anything above three covers.. please do, I only own one. Atom Age 1

WOW.....my mom used to love those old Mickey Mouse mags....never saw one in such nice shape....that would be worth a jag even with only one cover.The Hulk is awesome as well....4 covers on a book that's already cool.GOD BLESS...

I wish either book were mine, but they are not.

-christian (a friend of jim's)

Do some people remove the first cover if it's a much lower grade that the interior cover before sending to CGC. I have never even held a double cover. I hope to own one someday.

They sure do! I am looking at my Superman 26 removed cover pinned to my office board right now. The inside cover was much better and did well at CGC.

I once owned an Omac # 1 that I bought off the rack that was a triple cover....and have heard stories of books with as many as 5 covers.GOD BLESS...

hulkquadruple.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :headbang:^^

Do some people remove the first cover if it's a much lower grade that the interior cover before sending to CGC. I have never even held a double cover. I hope to own one someday.

I did on an Amazing Spiderman low 200 with twin fusion or something, the outside cover looked like hell, the inside looked crisp and clean.

I do not regret it one bit.

Cool! (thumbs u

:cry:NOT COOL!

:) I would have paid several times guide for it, and who knows that could possibably have been the only copy of that book ever produced with a Double Cover. doh!

Check this Link; My Double Cover ASM Collection

I didn't realize that was you that bought that...very nice book. If I remember correctly, I thought you got it for a nice price :)

No, no, no. This ain't my book - I did not even bid on it. It went to the usual suspect if I remember correctly.

I did on an Amazing Spiderman low 200 with twin fusion or something, the outside cover looked like hell, the inside looked crisp and clean.

Cool! (thumbs u

:) I would have paid several times guide for it, and who knows that could possibably have been the only copy of that book ever produced with a Double Cover. doh!

Then I bet the fact that my will states that my comics are to be burned upon my death, every issue, no matter the cost, then the ashes get placed in my coffin. Hopefully I can take some rare BA and SA keys with me to :)

Cool! (thumbs u

Wow! Awsome collection! :applause: Hopefully, you will find an ASM #200 with a double cover. :wishluck: