• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Headed to Detroit in a couple of hours to enjoy this weekends festiviites and witness history firsthand.

UNC.jpg

And no I haven't shaved since Selection Sunday, and don't intend to until Tuesday morning :cloud9:

Jim

You lucky bastage! (worship)

i really double don't get this from this sort of artist. he was a second third stringer working mainly on second or third string titles. in retrospect, his moon knight covers at least are pretty great (I haven't looked inside any of those MKs for 20 years)...he's almost like one of these guys who got better in the eyes of fandom over time (perhaps like Cardy...seriously, who ever mentioned Cardy 20 years ago? Totally obscure. Now he's considered one of the "better" 1960's DC artists along with Aparo, behind Adams...Wrightson.

the guy should be thrilled to have this sort of revenue stream from folks with good memories of his work in the 80's and not jerk their chains.

Marc Wolfe did the same thing to me through the boards here. Total pain in the . I was only out $55 but I did get the guy put on the forum Probation List.

I forgot about that, Guest of Honour I believe, I`ll make sure I mention it to him, anything for a fellow `Heel :foryou:

Jim

Wouldn't that be a great panel Q&A session?

"Next question for Mister Sienkiewicz please."

"Yes, why do you take fan money for commissioned art and then never deliver on the OA?"

"Uhhhhhhh....I....well....uhhhhh. Next question!"

Have you tried contacting him through his WEBSITE? He advertises on CAF, so I suspect that contact should be valid.

And if it's any consolation, I just resent reference pics to Fabry this morning for a commission he agreed to and I aid for in 2003. I don't know whether to be :grin: or :( about that .

Want me to go prod him? His studio is only a mile or two from here :grin:

Good luck! :wishluck:

Yeah, Golden was a with that "Patience is a virue" BS.

Could have sworn I had a copy of that to show those that have not seen it. Searched and searched but turned up nothing.

Headed to Detroit in a couple of hours to enjoy this weekends festiviites and witness history firsthand.

UNC.jpg

And no I haven't shaved since Selection Sunday, and don't intend to until Tuesday morning :cloud9:

Jim

Is not shaving a basketball ritual as well?

It is now.....

UNC.jpg

Jim

I guess I stole the idea from my Hockey heritage and now have applied it to Basketball. :)

Jim

UNC.jpg

Jim

I understand the not-shaving ritual, but also not-bathing is probably taking it a little extreme...

UNC.jpg

Jim

I understand the not-shaving ritual, but also not-bathing is probably taking it a little extreme...

Thats Normal for him.. Not ritual

Good luck! :wishluck:

Yeah, Golden was a with that "Patience is a virue" BS.

Could have sworn I had a copy of that to show those that have not seen it. Searched and searched but turned up nothing.

Found it!

Patience is a virtue

(worship) Thank you

5x8fhar.jpg

First rule is never pay someone upfront to do a job, let them do the job first then pay them.

:gossip: Art commissions generally don't work that way.

I was under the same impression. However, the previous poster thought otherwise......I guess he feels it is the same as getting your roof shingled by the folks in the gypsy caravans who follow hail damaging storms across the USA. lol