• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Headed to Detroit in a couple of hours to enjoy this weekends festiviites and witness history firsthand.

UNC.jpg

And no I haven't shaved since Selection Sunday, and don't intend to until Tuesday morning :cloud9:

Jim

sigh...

Seriously if he wants his money back he should find his contact address, send a letter stating he has 30 days to comply with either sending the artwork or paying back the money, if not he then will start the court proceedings.If you do go this way make sure the letter you send him is Certified Mail with a tracking and signature that way you have a record and paper trail of your correspondence.

Good luck, 2007 is a long time to wait and I admire your patience.

I am sorry to hear this and hope it works out.

I have commissioned sketches from Clayton Crain at every Emerald City ComiCon and then picked them up a year later at the next con. I will be getting one today in fact. So, this kind of arrangement can work very well if the artist is reliable and trustworthy.

That's a shame; even when I was 13 I recognized Bill S. as one of the best, but my friend s didn't get it ("No way! John Byrne and Walt Simonson are the hot artists!"), so I always felt a bit proud to be ahead of my time. And I still like Bill's work a lot.

I had a similar issue with Josh Medors, who accepted a commission from me and continually said "next week" for about a year. I do have to say, though, that the quality of the work I got was stunning. But another board member went through even worse with him, and couldn't enjoy the final product because of the bad taste in his mouth about the experience.

I want to thank everyone for their feedback/input on this matter, but I need to change the subject . I know that this is off-topic, but then again, it is more on-topic than you may know or feel.

I started this post yesterday as a way to blow off steam for what I viewed as a slight by the artist in question. You know what? It really doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all.

I had a friend get killed in an automobile accident in Arizona on Monday. We worked together for over six years and we had our ups and downs. Unfortunately, one of our downs was right before he left the company about a year and a half ago. He went to work for a company out of San Antonio and they sent him to a project in Show Low, Arizona. He was on his way to work, with two other men, when an on-coming car crossed the center line. The cars hit head on and he was killed instantly. The front passenger is in a coma and the rear passenger had both of his legs broken. We found out about the accident on Tuesday morning as they had to identify the next of kin. His wife called here to tell us, and my heart sank. All I could think about were his three small girls. We knew that his wife was pregnant with his fourth daughter, but he never got to see her. His wife gave birth on the day that he was killed. I guess I have been in a sort of shock this week and have not been trying to think about it so much. Last night that all changed.

I drove to the funeral home last night to see him and to attend the rosary. It was out of town so I got a little lost on the way and ended up getting there 5 minutes late. I snuck in the back so as not to disturb anyone in the family. I was looking but could not see anyone in the family. I saw alot of the guys I work with as they were scattered around the room. Once the rosary was over, people slowly started making their way to the front to pay their respects at the casket. I waited awhile to let other people go. When it was my turn, I finally saw where all of his family was....they were in an alcove that blocked their view from everyone else. Once I saw his wife and kids, I started crying. I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to. In his casket were two pictures that his girls had drawn and they had written a letter to him.

Writing this is hard guys....i'm sorry if i ramble. I am crying as I type this.

Their letter told him how much they would miss him and that they hoped he had fun. His girls are 10, 4, 2 and a week old. His wife had a look of intense pain on her face and I felt embarassed to be there. I felt like I was intruding and did not know what to say. She called me by name and thanked me for coming and hugged my neck for a long time. All I kept saying to her was that I was sorry....so sorry. When I looked at her face, all I could see was my wife's face and my kids sitting there. What if that was me lying up there. I feel so much hurt for his family. I know he is in a better place, but his girls are going to grow up not knowing their dad. He loved his girls. I know that. He used to bring them to the office and I saw them grow up just like mine. He loved his girls.

All of this stuff about my artwork is just that.....stuff. It doesn't matter. Last night was a hard slap in the face to me. Iron fisted hard. I don't care about it. All I care about are my girls and my family. Noone should have to pass at age 32, but it happens. It doesn't make it easy though. I want all of you to hug your loved ones today and tell your kids how much you love them. They are all that matters.

In an earlier post i said you live and learn. I learned alot last night once the realization came home to me that my friend was truly gone. Hopefully we all get the chance to live an learn for a long time.

God bless you Ryan and keep you safe.

Scott Pearson

It didn't get lost, Scott. What a heartfelt tribute to your friend and his family and a strong admonition to all of us: Be good to your friends and families, and whenever possible be good to everyone else.

I'm sure your presence helped that family Scott. Kudos to you for having the strength to type it all out.

--Sean.

Scott I am sorry to hear about your friend. And I feel for his family. It was sad just to read this.. You are right it is amazing how wrapped up we all get in small matters. And when something that really does matter happens it is a wake up call. I just hope that his family can find a way to cope, that is seriously just wrong to have to deal with.