• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody Know Ebay Member Ivegotneatstuff?

39 posts in this topic

The shipping calculator on ebay is terrible, especially for international shipping. At times I have not offered intl shipping b/c the system does not seem to be accurate, or I list it separately in my notes. It is also incredibly expensive, for our tastes, to ship outside the US. The prices to Canada are absurd given its proximity. I'm sure there are "reasons" that justify the costs but it makes some transactions not-workable.

The shipping calculator on ebay is terrible, especially for international shipping. At times I have not offered intl shipping b/c the system does not seem to be accurate, or I list it separately in my notes. It is also incredibly expensive, for our tastes, to ship outside the US. The prices to Canada are absurd given its proximity. I'm sure there are "reasons" that justify the costs but it makes some transactions not-workable.

You know, eBay must realize it as I had a problem with the calculator a few months ago shipping to Brazil and when I called in to complain, they credited the difference to my PayPal account.

I guess that's part of the benefit being on their phone center Beta program versus the email support process where they send you back templated responses that add little value.