• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Classic Cover" in the Copper Age?

44 posts in this topic

Inspired by a similar thread in the Modern section, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the "classic cover" designation on a comic in the Copper Age. Good candidates that have been mentioned: DKR #1, X-Men #141, Hulk #340, and Spider-Man #1 (copper/modern).

Anymore that have a shot? Note that there's a big difference between a cool cover and an iconic cover as much of that modern thread turned into a collection of "cool" covers.

Inspired by a similar thread in the Modern section, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the "classic cover" designation on a comic in the Copper Age. Good candidates that have been mentioned: DKR #1, X-Men #141, Hulk #340, and Spider-Man #1 (copper/modern).

Anymore that have a shot? Note that there's a big difference between a cool cover and an iconic cover as much of that modern thread turned into a collection of "cool" covers.

Try looking here. Copper page 2. :baiting:

Of course, that thread suffers from the problem you mentioned, in that you have a bunch of posting covers they like rather than actual Classic covers.

Try looking here. Copper page 2. :baiting:

Of course, that thread suffers from the problem you mentioned, in that you have a bunch of posting covers they like rather than actual Classic covers.

I remember that thread and posted in it. It needed the qualifier that I mentioned.

There are a ton of classic copper covers. it gets much harder to find any in modern. I agree with your 2nd 2 pics, but as much as I like the 261, not sure it's quite strong enough. I think #238 & 249 are both better hobgoblin covers.

Absolutely, especially #238. Even some of the other covers like #232 are just tremendous. Had to be the best Spider-Man books I have ever read during that period, fantastic stuff.

There are a ton of classic copper covers. it gets much harder to find any in modern. I agree with your 2nd 2 pics, but as much as I like the 261, not sure it's quite strong enough. I think #238 & 249 are both better hobgoblin covers.

Absolutely, especially #238. Even some of the other covers like #232 are just tremendous. Had to be the best Spider-Man books I have ever read during that period, fantastic stuff.

Do keys ever get "classic covers" though (1st appearances and such)? That honor is generally given to more obscure issues isn't it?

Note that there's a big difference between a cool cover and an iconic cover as much of that modern thread turned into a collection of "cool" covers.

I tried to diplomatically mention that issue a couple of times, but it was ignored. ;)