• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeing all the sales in one convenient list
1 1

45 posts in this topic

• Administrator

If you'd like an easy way to see all sales threads mixed together, there are two easy ways to do it.

FIRST: Make yourself an activity stream

These are cool because they can be configured all kinds of ways, and are smart enough to recognize things like what content you have already seen, etc. Once you have made one, you can also grab an RSS feed of that specific activity stream if you prefer RSS.

NOTE the fact that you can also make that activity stream (or any activity stream) your default (It replaces "Unread Content" in the upper right if you do that.)

Below is a screen shot of one way to configure an activity stream to see all the relevant marketplace activity.

The second way to get a list is to use the premade RSS feed you can find under the RSS symbol in the lower right. Screen shot attached that shows you where to find it.

Happy shopping / selling / trading!

CGC boards - marketplace custom activity stream.png

RSS feeds - where to find them.png

Edited by Architecht
Updated for the new boards.

very cool

Really?

Is everyone seeing what I'm seeing?

Looks like nonsense.

Looks fine to me (if you're looking for a big list of all the Marketplace Forum threads). The only difference is that you see a post in addition to the thread title. (shrug)

Might be better if it just showed the thread titles though.

• Administrator
very cool

Really?

Looks like nonsense.

You probably have an older browser that isn't formatting the RSS for you. An RSS reader or a browser upgrade will make it more legible.

• Administrator
Translation:

"Okay, you can't have the For Sale Forum back the way it was, but here's a cheesy imitation as a substitute."

Gee, thanks. :P

You're welcome.

Translation:

"Okay, you can't have the For Sale Forum back the way it was, but here's a cheesy imitation as a substitute."

You're welcome.

:baiting:

very cool

Really?

Looks like nonsense.

You probably have an older browser that isn't formatting the RSS for you. An RSS reader or a browser upgrade will make it more legible.

That's probably it. I'll check it out later on my other computer. Thanks (thumbs u

Translation:

You're welcome.

Cheesy Imitation

Sounds like someone wants a new custom title. hm

• Administrator
If you'd like an easy way to see all sales threads mixed together, the RSS feed provides another way to keep up to date:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/cache/global_rss49.xml

Just an FYI.

Cool! . . . :gossip: 1st one I clicked on was a WTB :grin:

Yeah, right now the feed is all marketplace stuff, except for OA (including ebay, etc.). It's easy enough to make one for just the forum-only for sale stuff.

Better that way?

• Administrator

That's awesome, Arch! Is there any way you can get rid of the 'Posted by' line, so you just have the thread title? That would tighten up that screen quite a bit.

No real layout control here, no. Bear in mind that viewing the RSS feed as a web page is a pretty raw way to see it. Really the best view would be in an RSS reader and/or plugin.

Here's a review of some firefox plugins:

http://mashable.com/2007/05/26/rss-firefox-guide/