• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F/S JIM 89 CGC 7.5

29 posts in this topic

Book is on HOLD

Roy?

I will let you know :)

I think Roy wants to corner the market on JIM 89's :grin:

Rich I did want to hoard the book as I love it but you can have it if you like. As you know I already have two copies. Sorry to be so greedy but I figured since you have your 7.0 you wouldn't mind.

:blush:

I'll leave it up to you, Roy. After all, you did have dibs on the book. If you really want it, go ahead with the purchase. If not, I appreciate your offer and I will take it.

Whatever you want works for me. Thanks again for the offer and let me know. (thumbs u

Rich

Like I said, it's all yours. I absolutely love the book as everyone knows but you need it and I don't.

:foryou:

(worship)

Okay, Roy...since you've twisted my arm... :takeit: with much gratitude to your kind gesture.

You are a true scholar and a gentleman. (worship)

I now have four copies!!! :acclaim:

:jokealert:

This book is gorgeous, I would seriously crack it out and keep it in a mylar for the next 10 years then maybe come back and have it regraded.

It's funny that you would say that. Based on the 093 starting CGC # on that book, it was graded during the alleged "tough" period. I issued a large submission at that time (around June '08) and felt that many of the books were graded on the strict side, compared to my previous submissions.

Whether this is true or not, my sentiments have been echoed to me personally by others, and I do remember a lengthy thread at that time with many board members in agreement as well.

Regardless, it's a very nice looking book for the grade, and I don't have intentions of re-submitting at this time. I support CGC as they are, which means that I agree that a 3rd party grading service is good for our hobby, and consistency should be their #1 priority. (thumbs u

Hope I haven't opened a can of worms here. :wishluck:

Not only that but the next place this book goes when it leave's the magazine rack next to Rich's toilet is in my hands.

hm

Wait a sec....

Not only that but the next place this book goes when it leave's the magazine rack next to Rich's toilet is in my hands.

hm

Wait a sec....

The last place you'll find that book is near my toilet. There isn't any room there anyway, as that's where I keep all my Bronze and Copper books. :grin:

:jokealert:

Ha! Ditto, except for real-- in my downstairs bathroom, behind the toilet, sit 4 hard plastic tubs of 1978-1985 books; on top of the plastic tubs are three additional shortboxes that contain a bunch of mid-grade Bronze Thors and random mid-grade late Silver.

Ha! Ditto, except for real-- in my downstairs bathroom, behind the toilet, sit 4 hard plastic tubs of 1978-1985 books; on top of the plastic tubs are three additional shortboxes that contain a bunch of mid-grade Bronze Thors and random mid-grade late Silver.

I hear ya...but they don't have a "smilie" for half-joking. :grin: