• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reassure Me!

6 posts in this topic

So, I just bought some of Alan Moore's earliest issues for Marvel UK: Marvel Super Heroes 386, 387, 388 and 390.

386, Moore only did one page of...beginning his run on Captain Britain. Either 387 or 388 has Moore's first Miracleman (a brief cameo).

Assume condition's about f/vf... what do you think I should have paid? Or, put another way... what would be the maximum you think I should have paid? (I'm feeling hinky that maybe I paid too much... and, yes, once I hear people's answers, I'll reveal what I paid; I just don't want to bias the outcomes!)

Thanks!

So, I just bought some of Alan Moore's earliest issues for Marvel UK: Marvel Super Heroes 386, 387, 388 and 390.

386, Moore only did one page of...beginning his run on Captain Britain. Either 387 or 388 has Moore's first Miracleman (a brief cameo).

Assume condition's about f/vf... what do you think I should have paid? Or, put another way... what would be the maximum you think I should have paid? (I'm feeling hinky that maybe I paid too much... and, yes, once I hear people's answers, I'll reveal what I paid; I just don't want to bias the outcomes!)

Thanks!

They're worth a lot more than £1. MSHs can be a high demand series and all copies are scarce especially in high grade. If presented right, they sell very well - the values lies in the issues no.377 to no.395 (the ones prior and after to that ARE mostly worthless).

377 - 1st appearance of modern Captain Britain, I sold a VG one recently for £9. I own a tight VF one that I wouldn't sell for less than £30.

378 to 386 - all unreprinted Captain Britain - Dave Thorpe and Alan Davis - I sold a complete VG/FN run in Feb (inc 377) for £56.00.

387 and 388 - the Alan Moore issues - 1st and 2nd appearance of the "Miracleman" name. I have several high grade copies of each and would always buy more. They're really rare.

389 to 395 - have unreprinted Night Raven text stories by Alan Moore - I sold a VG/FN run for £103 earlier this year!!! :o

Sell your 387 and 388 to me! ;)

Damn - don't let facts get in the way!

I don't normally ;)

Hey, did I tell you about that tatty copy of whizzer & Chips I sold for £345? It was signed by my mate John from down the road. He once met Alan Moore's cousin.

BTW, the other Marvel UK series which sells really well is Daredevils - particularly no.7, the 1st pictured appearance of Miracleman.