• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Latest Comicconnect has a strange abundance of certain books such as x4 copies of Mystic Comics #7.  Was this what it was like in "the old days" ?

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookSearch.php?title=mystic+comics&issue=

As a consignor, I sure wouldn't be crazy about there being four copies in the same auction.  Looks like the run up in prices of Hitler covers is bringing more books to market.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, Sqeggs said:
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, ThothAmon said:

07D9B98B-6537-498C-8DF6-4EE8173F3AC0.jpeg

Heck of a way to start! All win with that one. :)

I've wanted that one for decades.......... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8 hours ago, cupny said:

Won this in the last C Link auction.  Glad to have it in my collection.  It went for a reasonable price IMO.

Young Allies 4 Timely Comics Summer 1942  65Resto.jpg

I wish I could witness the process of this cover from verbal idea through any editing.  So crazy!

That All Winners 19 looks high grade.  I don’t understand how this book has remained so undervalued.  With All Star 3 and Avengers 1 exploding upward, I think it can only be a matter of time before this book gets its due.

I’ve watched this book for years, and the highest grade I’ve seen come onto the market in all that time, from all the major auction houses or eBay, has been a single 7.5.  Other than that, there was one 7.0.  Greg Reese is currently advertising  a 6.5.  That’s it.  Everything else is lower grade. I may have missed one somewhere, but it seems to me that the guys holding these books in higher grade must be holding onto them for a reason.  

What do you guys think?

Edited by fleepunyhumans

5 hours ago, fleepunyhumans said:

That All Winners 19 looks high grade.  I don’t understand how this book has remained so undervalued.  With All Star 3 and Avengers 1 exploding upward, I think it can only be a matter of time before this book gets its due.

I’ve watched this book for years, and the highest grade I’ve seen come onto the market in all that time, from all the major auction houses or eBay, has been a single 7.5.  Other than that, there was one 7.0.  Greg Reese is currently advertising  a 6.5.  That’s it.  Everything else is lower grade. I may have missed one somewhere, but it seems to me that the guys holding these books in higher grade must be holding onto them for a reason.  

What do you guys think?

I'm holding onto my 8.5 copy simply because I love the book and collect high grade. (thumbsu