• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, fleepunyhumans said:

That All Winners 19 looks high grade.  I don’t understand how this book has remained so undervalued.  With All Star 3 and Avengers 1 exploding upward, I think it can only be a matter of time before this book gets its due.

I’ve watched this book for years, and the highest grade I’ve seen come onto the market in all that time, from all the major auction houses or eBay, has been a single 7.5.  Other than that, there was one 7.0.  Greg Reese is currently advertising  a 6.5.  That’s it.  Everything else is lower grade. I may have missed one somewhere, but it seems to me that the guys holding these books in higher grade must be holding onto them for a reason.  

What do you guys think?

Maybe just me, but I've never liked the cover.  In a cover-centric world that may be contributing to its been undervalued.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Little Ritchie Evans at the first Bedrock City comic store...

photocomicbookstand.jpg

That was the second store. The first store was across town and only had four slots in the new issue rack. We saw how adaptable this six-slot rack was and we updated all of the locations until something better came along a few years later.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

That was the second store. The first store was across town and only had four slots in the new issue rack. We saw how adaptable this six-slot rack was and we updated all of the locations until something better came along a few years later.

Looks like you had sold out of all the good books by the time this photo was snapped. hm

44 minutes ago, Robot Man said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Looks like you had sold out of all the good books by the time this photo was snapped. hm

Yeah, where were the ECs Ritchie? Did you keep them "under the counter" and had to have a note from your Mother?  :devil:

I was really worried about getting shut down by "the man". I hid the good stuff at home in my collection...

...much like I do now.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:41 PM, MrBedrock said:
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Robot Man said:

Little Ritchie Evans at the first Bedrock City comic store...

photocomicbookstand.jpg

Richards first store think this is the pic.

newsstand-1.jpg

The last pic is when his mom put him in comic Rehab (thumbsu

newsstand-5.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:02 PM, woowoo said:

Richards first store think this is the pic.

newsstand-1.jpg

The last pic is when his mom put him in comic Rehab (thumbsu

newsstand-5.jpg

I never realized what a baby sitter the comic aisle at the store was until this picture .  That's amazing.  That would never happen today.

7 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I always get a chuckle out of Schomburg's post war Timely covers. The crooks always have Beagle Boy masks on. i don't recall anyone else doing this.

Yeah, it's about as effective a disguise as Clark Kent's glasses.