• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Strange they won't get a label notation since these were (literally!) card-carrying file copies. 

Right?  We've all seen some of the comics that CGC is willing to put file copy notation on so why not these?  Kinda weird.

2 hours ago, telerites said:

My first ever GA book - bought by my mom.  Some may remember Wilt Conine - I know @MrBedrock and @Cat-Man_America knew Wilt.  He was an Overstreet advisor and long time dealer but his day job was a high school teacher.  My mom would drop me off at his house and I would spend hours looking through boxes and boxes in his garage - it wasn't neat, more like a disaster area with the boxes all haphazard and crumbling on each other, no order to the comics GA, SA, BA all together and there were tons of boxes - Gawd I loved it.  So anyway, I ventured into GA and begged my mom to buy this - I think it was $20 and she finally broke down.  So I decided to have graded in this most recent batch.  Richard (MrBedrock) reminded me before folks would refer to his books as Conine-Mint as he tended to be pretty generous in grading and jumped up grades by quite a bit - I have idea if he told me this was a Mint but it is exactly as I bought it and I still love it. 

5a7f3218cf3d0_marvelmysterycomics65.thumb.jpg.0f8f249425ecbed8c921f02d4d106505.jpg

Cool story!

I remember back in the mail order days, because "Mint" was being overused for comics that clearly weren't, some dealers began referring to their books as "Strict Mint."  Of course, by current standards, most of these Strict Mint books were probably VF at best. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:33 PM, Sqeggs said:

Strange they won't get a label notation since these were (literally!) card-carrying file copies. 

they formerly did, but so long ago that i'm thinking that the only ones i've ever seen were in original label holders.  cat has one or two, but he crops his books now so you will only see the staple holes should he post it.

4 hours ago, podboy66 said:

I have two office copies that were removed from a bound volume.  I was told that they were from Lloyd Jacquet.

MM11filecopy.jpg

MM12.jpg

Those came from my office ... and I'd like them back.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, Robot Man said:

Love it!  I guess I will have to be happy with this beat up "reprint"... :devil:

comcaptamericaannual.jpg

How can you bear to have that rag in your collection?  I would be willing to take it off your hands for quite a modest sum.