• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, grube09 said:

First Mystic I've ever owned

1284036-F001.jpg

As I look at your book more closely, it reminds me of a collection out of San Fransisco.  All the books had Chinese writing on them.  I think it was Lee's Comics that found them, would have been early 2000's

Edited by batman_fan

3 hours ago, Timely said:

Here's one you don't see in high grade too often. Nic Cage Copy. Chicago Copy.

marvel41.jpg

Is this the only U.S. GA book with a cover showing plans for a Japanese invasion of Australia?  There are several, of course, showing plans for an invasion of the United States.

31 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

As I look at your book more closely, it reminds me of a collection out of San Fransisco.  All the books had Chinese writing on them.  I think it was Lee's Comics that found them, would have been early 2000's

Chinatown collection 

http://comicpedigrees.com/pedigrees.php#CHINATOWN

Edited by TheWatcher
Spelling

30 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Interesting...I’ll see if I can find more information on this book.  The writing was the first thing I noticed!  Thank you for some possible background info and a lead (thumbsu

Just now, grube09 said:

Awesome, thank you!  It appears to be from the same collection.  Is this one that CGC recognizes?  I just got this particular book back from them.

I believe it's considered a collection, as opposed to a pedigree. Still a fantastic book. Congrats :applause:

On 7/23/2018 at 1:30 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks, guys! This was one of four Timelys I snapped up at this year's SDCC; some of my fellow HG collectors even thumbed through several of 'em at the best little geek-together of the convention. Had a blast this year! <3

I'll share more images here as I can.  I get pretty anal about photo presentation and editing Botophucket images shot on my iPad is tough.  Alas, I won't have access to my HP scanner for another week.

Monday, A.M. - Well, here's one more of the four.  I managed to get an acceptable raw book shot off my iPad, but the editing tools won't allow me to tighten up the framing as desired.  What the heck, I'll go with it...

b3bf17d1-f47a-4095-b79a-9a10059a8489_zps

Nice stuff Cat!   You must be one of those "whales" Mitch speaks about...:baiting:

5 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Fortunately, Mitch didn't have a harpoon in hand when we visited at the show on Saturday.  Maybe he needed more Starbuck. (thumbsu

He goes on Saturday and walks the whole floor buying heavy trade books???   He's a LOT tougher than I am or must just love "human contact"...:roflmao: