• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2018 at 1:00 AM, Robot Man said:

That's gotta be one of the rarest Subbys. I just never see it.

Sidebar, being a Pinback/premium collector, I can't help thinking how cool it would be if that Angel logo in the lower right was a club badge offered by Timely.  :sorry:

Wasn't there an Angel pin?  I thought I remember seeing one on Hake's or somewhere. hm

17 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

My first, and what will be my only GA Cap.  I'm way priced out at current levels, and this is only a 7.0.  If only all my 7.0s presented like this!

Cap, dominating the cover, blowing right through the title block.  His physique is drawn perfectly, very dynamic.  Remember Pearl Harbor.

On a side note, and this came up recently with a Marvel Tales 95 - HA's scanner/imaging software portrays a particular color/contrast mix.  Different from my Epson Perfection 1200U.  Mine is closer to reality.  Something to take into account, if you're spending big $ and expect colors that pop your eye out.

CaptainAmericaComics14fc_zpsi4xpblkn.jpg

lf_zpspddum8yd.jpg

It’s a beautiful copy but if your scan represents the color pretty accurately, Heritage needs to provide scans that do the same. I’ve bought a lot from Heritage and been mildly disappointed with colors on books because they are not nearly as saturated as they were portrayed. Great pick up though Andy!

20 hours ago, Ameri said:

Got this in the mail today. October 1939 issue

best western oct 1939a.jpg

teso.jpg

best western oct 1939b.jpg

Imagine how different things would be if Ka-zar had been chosen as the cover feature of Marvel 1.

Edited by MrBedrock

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Imagine how different things would be if Ka-zar had been chosen as the cover feature of Marvel 1.

Or imagine if the unused Subby cover was used on Marvel 2. 

:idea:   

Goodman was convinced the Angel was going to be a hit.