• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2018 at 2:11 AM, Dr. Love said:

My first, and what will be my only GA Cap.  I'm way priced out at current levels, and this is only a 7.0.  If only all my 7.0s presented like this!

Cap, dominating the cover, blowing right through the title block.  His physique is drawn perfectly, very dynamic.  Remember Pearl Harbor.

On a side note, and this came up recently with a Marvel Tales 95 - HA's scanner/imaging software portrays a particular color/contrast mix.  Different from my Epson Perfection 1200U.  Mine is closer to reality.  Something to take into account, if you're spending big $ and expect colors that pop your eye out.

CaptainAmericaComics14fc_zpsi4xpblkn.jpg

lf_zpspddum8yd.jpg

Still a great book, but, man, the HA scan sure does make it look eye-popping. 

21 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Nice books!  Mine’s much lower but one of my favorites:

plus another yellow marvel pulp

0665C455-0553-4E7C-B289-E4F6233CD95B.jpeg.80f30824223723594f57489b0542d734.jpeg

The thing that's always puzzled me about this cover is that your city is being bombed to hell and gone and the best the Angel can do for you is take out one stinkin' plane? :taptaptap:

No wonder he didn't last as the featured hero in MMC! 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:47 AM, mwotka said:

Just won this off of CC.  I think it presents excellent for grade.  And I've always thought the Thunderer was one of the cooler looking GA heroes that never went anywhere.  Still seeking lower grade copies of 1,5,6 to complete my run.  

daring mystery 8 2.5.jpg

Great book. Congratulations!