• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, walclark said:

I do have a copy of that, too, but others on the boards have said it is not the Red Skull.  Not sure why, but that seems to be the consensus.

I think that's the disowned half-brother of the Red Skull, ...the Rouge 'n Tan Skull. When they were evil kids growing up in the Styx both brothers dreamed of becoming evil geniuses and finding the perfect nemesis to defeat on their way to ruling the world.  The craftier of the two brothers settled on Captain America as his heroic counterpart and survived many epic battles.  The other brother ...who kept falling for hot foot pranks with matches or flaming bags of dog poop left on his porch... ended up in mortal combat with the Human Torch.  Alas, the Rouge 'n Tan Skull's survival instincts weren't so hot.

:tink:

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I think that's the disowned half-brother of the Red Skull, ...the Rouge 'n Tan Skull. When they were evil kids growing up in the Styx both brothers dreamed of becoming evil geniuses and finding the perfect nemesis to defeat on their way to ruling the world.  The craftier of the two brothers settled on Captain America as his heroic counterpart and survived many epic battles.  The other brother ...who kept falling for hot foot pranks with matches or flaming bags of dog poop left on his porch... ended up in mortal combat with the Human Torch.  Alas, the Rouge 'n Tan Skull's survival instincts weren't so hot.

:tink:

Yes, that is exactly the story I was told.  As a young child at Christmas, we would all gather around Uncle Stan (though he always insisted we call him Stan Lee) and he would treat us to tales of colorfully craniumed Nazis and monsters with alliterative names like our second cousin Fing Fang Foom. (:

1 hour ago, walclark said:

Yes, that is exactly the story I was told.  As a young child at Christmas, we would all gather around Uncle Stan (though he always insisted we call him Stan Lee) and he would treat us to tales of colorfully craniumed Nazis and monsters with alliterative names like our second cousin Fing Fang Foom. (:

I like the Fanatical Four story featuring the Thung, Mr. Fanastic, Indivisible Girl and The Human Flamer!

Lead Man, Nurse Strange and Spitter-Man were also good stories too.