• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You are too modest. I’ve looked for a decent copy for years and haven’t found one. I thought my lack of success indicated it was very much appreciated

You are spot on about it being tough finding a nice copy, so perhaps it does get more love than I was aware of. I got VERY lucky when I initially bought it in the mid 90s. I sold it to a pal when I got divorced, but with "first rights of refusal" should it be sold by him. I got it back about 10 years ago. I briefly saw a 7.0 conserved for sale for about $3k, but it disappeared quickly. Ricky has the nicest one I've ever seen (never saw John's Church copy) which is a 9.0 Pennsylvania copy. Maybe he'll see this & post it. It's gorgeous. The census shows two copies in 8.0 after his 9.0, then this lone 7.0, so it IS tough I guess. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Schomburg's skill at drawing anything mechanical had him illustrating electronic equipment for the Gernsback pulp Radio Craft.  Later on for Ned Pines as well with these schematic illustrations for astrological charts at his regular monthly gig at Better Pub's Everyday Astrology.

EA1939V2int5c100_zps0de03ffe.jpg

Alas, in December 1939 there were a lot of folks whose Cosmic Clocks were about to hit midnight. 

45 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I had this book reholdered a few months ago. Let's see how the scans compare...

mm36.jpg

That's one sweet looking book.  How could any young boy pass up that book when it was sitting on the news stand?

What scanner are you using?

Edited by batman_fan