• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Hey Cat, how close are you to having a complete set of Timely's

Not as close as I’d like if I were headed in that direction, but I’m not.  There are lots of Timely’s I’d like to own and several are always in my sights, but I’ve never been focused on just one publisher’s books, let alone a run of any particular title.  My target interests are specific artists and (primarily) high grade.  While that can be limiting in some ways, it keeps me focused and much happier with each acquisition.

:tink:

On 10/15/2019 at 10:14 PM, sartrexpress said:

Just picked up the Cap 72... fits in..very happy

cap 72 8.0.jpg

cap 73. 8.0.jpg

cap 74 8.0 2 copy.jpg

I noticed that no cover artist is credited on the labels. Is the artist unknown? These are some great covers. I love the surrealism of "The Outcast of Time" cover. 

Grand Comic Database credits Mart Nodell (creator of the Green Lantern) as the cover artist for Cap 74 but GCD is not sure about Cap 72 and 73. The 72 might be Syd Shores and the 73 might be Ken Bald.

martin nodell-signed-2006-golden-age-human torch timely 1948-1950.jpg

Edited by Ameri

50 minutes ago, sartrexpress said:

I think so... I'm a big fan of his art.. he had a great eye for angles....... top and corner shots of a scene. 

Yes he did. Went to his place in the nineties with a comic artist friend once. Nicest man you'd ever meet.

1 hour ago, sartrexpress said:

Issue #60 was the last copy in high grade I was able to find that completed my Cap run. 

If you ever have the time or inclination I know everyone would love to see your run of Cap, in order. If you haven't, you should also create a registry set and claim your rightful crown. (worship)