• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery Comics #1

Gibi Mensal #168 (GRAIL)

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1940

Among the rarest comics in Global history.

The Dawn of Timely Comics in Brazil and easily one of the most important comics in our genres history.

This comic is as rare as they come only a handful are known to exist.

Gibi Mensal #168.jpg

On 3/22/2020 at 10:30 AM, Foxtrot70 said:

Here is one of my favorite comics and closest I can get to owning Sub-Mariner origin story from MM1.   This issue contains subby MM1 and human torch story from MM4.   The cover is redrawn panels from MM1 story.    This title is the very first comic format published in Brazil by editor Globo Juvenil.    The first 12 issues were sold monthly as newspaper supplement the first year 1940.    Timely material begins April.  The numbering is based on weekly newspaper that was in progress.  Then in Jan 1941 reboot at #1    They are so rare collectors in Brazil have never seen them.   Hope you enjoy 

7B133EBF-C8ED-4AA7-ABDE-27A647819C24.jpeg

46642729-5C1D-4ADC-9619-AF3E92484310.jpeg

Great information for Golden age collectors just learning today the historical importance to our genre Brazilian publishers...

Skye Ott ( Komic Kazi)