• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2020 at 8:22 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Awesome mail call today from the always wonderful @skypinkblu! Thank you Sharon.. 

question for the group - I Can not seem to find who drew the cover on this- some help would be appreciated. Thanks

9F82F1EF-B994-4189-B22F-501737672D6F.jpeg

The Masterworks edition lists penciler as Maurice Gutwirth and the inker as unknown.

O Guri #73

Art: Al Avison
Captain America #16
Horror of the Seas

1st Appearance Captain America Brazil

The earliest International Publishing of Captain America World-Wide.

Published by Diário da Noite, Brazil 1943

This also was the beginning of Timely publications by Diário da Noite in Brazil.

Previously O Globo had the exclusive rights to Timely Comics.

Diário da Noite began publishing incredible titles such as Young Allies, USA Comics, Sub-Mariner Comics and much more.

O Globo continued to publish all there titles, this is why Brazil is the most comprehensive International country of origin of Timely material world-wide outside the US.

O Guri publishings of Captain America in Brazil are extremely rare the complete runs by Diário da Noite were very small, making survivors today very limited.

One of the 5 rarest comics in Brazilian history.

O Guri #73.jpeg

Horror of the Sea.jpg

Edited by Komic Kazi International

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

popped up on the 'bay with a bin, and couldn't say no.  c'town timelys are tuff, tuff, tuff.

usa16chicago.jpg

Gorgeous Chicago Timely, and a Cap motorcycle cover to boot! Well done geek! I love it.