• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

if you only knew.  

Oh, so you've played this game before!

On 5/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, MrBedrock said:

As soon as Cat prints up some of those little stickers for me.

Spoiler

FROM THE INDESCRIBABLY AWESOME COLLECTION

>>>>>>>OF SIR RICHARD OF BEDROCK

>>>>>>>>>>>>> edited-image_zpsumdltsve.jpg

This is the best I've come up with so far, but it's gonna be tough gettin' all this and an image on a Brother P-Touch tape!  (shrug)

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:
On 5/21/2020 at 1:29 PM, MrBedrock said:

As soon as Cat prints up some of those little stickers for me.

Hide contents

FROM THE INDESCRIBABLY AWESOME COLLECTION

>>>>>>>OF SIR RICHARD OF BEDROCK

>>>>>>>>>>>>> edited-image_zpsumdltsve.jpg

This is the best I've come up with so far, but it's gonna be tough gettin' all this and an image on a Brother P-Touch tape!  

You get an A for effort!

Edited by MrBedrock

This is a fun book to have raw as it's a sweet spot MM where you get Everett Subby, Simon and Kirby Vision, Gustavson Angel and Burgos Human Torch, in addition to Torch and Subby fighting together! I WOULD also like a spiffy high grade certified copy too, but they're pretty expensive. 

Marvel Mystery 17.jpg

Marvel Mystwry 17b.jpg

1 minute ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I’m sandbaggin’ scans of one Timely acquisition in the hopes there’ll be a virtual RareHighGrade party thread in July. :devil:

Which Timely acquisition?

2 hours ago, sartrexpress said:

4E4E5484-E5ED-4811-8D25-E88B741B9C3D.jpeg

Wow, these are some VERY hard books to find in high grade. I mean, yeah I see them in 8.0 on occasion, but not in 9.4!!!  :whatthe:  These are tremendous copies!!! I see that some from each display are pedigrees too!!! I'm not at all surprised about THAT!!! Unbelievably well preserved copies!!! Do any stand out to you as particular favorites? The Schomburg run of 26-29, 31 & 33 are my favorites of this part in the run …. and your copies are smokin'  (worship) 

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

That would be telling! ...It’s a book I’ve had for awhile.  No scans have been widely shared yet. 

It’s graded, which is all I’ll divulge at the moment.  :whistle:

I suspect you are bragging about snagging this sweet sweet book.

strawberry.jpg

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Wow, these are some VERY hard books to find in high grade. I mean, yeah I see them in 8.0 on occasion, but not in 9.4!!!  :whatthe:  These are tremendous copies!!! I see that some from each display are pedigrees too!!! I'm not at all surprised about THAT!!! Unbelievably well preserved copies!!! Do any stand out to you as particular favorites? The Schomburg run of 26-29, 31 & 33 are my favorites of this part in the run …. and your copies are smokin'  (worship) 

Issues in the 20s are most difficult in grade... but my last book to complete the run was #61... probably some of the later issues in any grade are the hardest though... 74 is very tough and one of my favorite classic covers... But my all time favorite Schomburg  cap cover is #28... and my all time favorite of all cap covers is Simon and Kirbys #7 which to my eye inspired AF 15 ..

I have to give those guys the credit for Caps invention ... which put Marvel on the map..while Stan Lee was just an errand boy... in my mind Cap is Marvel .. MM 1 not as much 

Edited by sartrexpress

2 minutes ago, sartrexpress said:

Issues in the 20s are most difficult in grade... but my last book to complete the run was #61... probably some of the later issues in any grade are the hardest though... 74 is very tough and one of my favorite classic covers... But my all time favorite Schomburg  cap cover is #28... and my all time favorite of all cap covers is Simon and Kirbys #7 which to my eye inspired AF 15 ..

I have to give those guys the credit for Caps invention ... which put Marvel on the map..while Stan Lee was just an errand boy... 

That is a fascinating thought about CA #7 inspiring the cover of AF #15. I can see it for sure.hm