• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 9:07 PM, Subby1938 said:

Well I almost feel embarrassed to post after these great books but I have been busy trying to slowly get this run completed. I’ve got my work cut out for me...

side note got my Everett Subby sketch back from from framers not the correct thread but it’s appropriate imo and I don’t think anyone would mind .

76B23DC1-A5D3-4BBF-90CD-267B0BF79C44.jpeg

FF2A4F53-6379-4A88-B6A0-12F46C1A79FA.jpeg

C98E4DC0-5A1C-4DAC-B434-B303315E3CA1.jpeg

A35EC7A4-F2AE-4D9D-B437-2A52B27893D9.jpeg

3F1531C7-9E92-421C-B75F-10F7E5DD8494.jpeg

That's a seriously awesome run of books, capped off by that fantastic Everett sketch!!! I can't stop looking at it!!! Well done!!!!:applause: :headbang: :banana:

2 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Is this issue scarce ? 

Not especially, at least according to the CGC census data. Sub-Mariner #7 may be uncommon, but with 25 universal copies and 9 restored (34 total, assuming no duplicate resubmissions), several of which are high grade, scarcity would probably be considered a borderline case based on demand and availability.  That’s just my 2 cents (other’s mileage may vary, as all Subbies are desirable books).

On 6/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, Subby1938 said:

One thing I’m really learning is respect in trying to collect these . I’m totally understanding the difficulty in obtaining and buying at a decent price is not an easy task.

I knew from the start I would be on lower end of collecting Subby’s I wanted to stay in 2-4.0 range but my goal is no restored books. So far so good .

The difficult part is accepting that even with money in hand finding a particular issue is not like Silver Age era and beyond. You have to get in line and wait . When one does come up it’s eye opening how fast and expensive a book can rocket up. The other point I wanted to make is not all issues exist in low grades. I have a cgc census from last year I printed off to use as a guide on issues I’m after and what’s been graded . Some books exist only above 3.0 or more which puts me in more pricey buy in and more competitive bracket to obtain these . 

Im learning and having fun collecting these . It’s been most rewarding for me over any other period as it also feeds my urge for the hunt!

I have found the personally at least that there is a lot of fun in the hunt for the perfect copy. A surprising amount of Sub-Mariner books are available at any given time. Heck if you have the money there are 3 different copies of Submariner Comics 1 on eBay right now. Finding a book in the right grade at the right price is a much more challenging task and rewarding process, at least for me.

1 minute ago, OdinsSecrets said:

I have found the personally at least that there is a lot of fun in the hunt for the perfect copy. A surprising amount of Sub-Mariner books are available at any given time. Heck if you have the money there are 3 different copies of Submariner Comics 1 on eBay right now. Finding a book in the right grade at the right price is a much more challenging task and rewarding process, at least for me.

I agree. Its the hunt for the right book at the right price at the right time that is fun for me. There are a few books in my collection where price/value was not a consideration but not many.

1 hour ago, OdinsSecrets said:

That issue is not difficult to find as it is always trading due to value but books like 23,24,30 I’m after either are very high grade expensive cooies I can’t afford or non existent (30 especially ). Price def is big factor in buying these