• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, RickHigh said:

The MM #26 has always been one of my favorites also. For me, the #21 is right up there with it though. Love the Nazi Submerging Fortress <3.

IMG_1213.jpeg

GREAT pair of Marvels you've got here!!! I love them both but that 26 is extra cool!!! The back cover is a page from a Subby story!!!  :applause:

9 hours ago, Electron said:

Wonderful pair of funny books! MM 26 is one of my favorite Timelys as well. Mr Bedrock has a beautiful recreation of the cover that he shared at a geekfest many moons ago. I fell in love with the cover thanks to that recreation. Here's my raw copy, with a killer back cover house ad too!

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Great book Russ and that house ad is TOO cool!!!! I'm glad to see you posting some!!!  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the smallest things can make an impression in this little hobby of ours; here's a great cover by any measure, but the fact that it emphasizes the torch's jawline has always rowed my boat.

mm5.jpeg

I remember talking about it way back in 96 at the first geekfest of the Timely Geek Club (or whatever we'd call it now). The jawline on the 5 and the cop in the lower right hand corner on the Marvel #9. What's he gonna do Billy?  lol

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

26 is a timely classic, for sure.  here's the rockford, cropped per board rules.

mm26-2.jpg

Billy boy, consider having Matty cross this into a CGC holder. I have a Marvel #16 in a .... um .... Can't Be Caught Showing the label holder that I'm gonna have him review for a crossover. AND you could get it in that spiffy new Pedigree label holder too!!! :banana:

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Billy boy, consider having Matty cross this into a CGC holder. I have a Marvel #16 in a .... um .... Can't Be Caught Showing the label holder that I'm gonna have him review for a crossover. AND you could get it in that spiffy new Pedigree label holder too!!! :banana:

nah. 

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

mm26sf.jpg

This is dreamy!! :cloud9: