• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, path4play said:

With Torch in a cage made of asbestos - no telling what he won in subsequent lawsuits.

Probably not very much, ...as a plaintiff the Torch would still need to prove he suffered Human injury to have standing in court. ;)

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m pretty sure there was a golden age asbestos man too, right?

Strange Tales #111.jpg

Actually, there was Asbestos Lady featured in the GA Human Torch #27!  Image courtesy of Wikipedia...

493719-2.jpg.ea3395f430b9d2bf1373ebaf33e30dfe.jpg

Nice lookin' book.  I'll have to get one of those! hm

Quite proud of this trio of comics I got. Happened all in the same month. Cap 2 wirh the classic Joe Simon hitler cover. Cap 8 with Joe Simon, jack Kirby pencils, Joe Simon inks (with some inks by al Gabrielle) and mystic comics #6 cover by Alex Schomburg (alitrle Kirby and even less Joe) 

still in shock that I own these. Mystic I’m looking to upgrade and I need a centerfold for cap 2 but boy am I happy! 

FC989BD6-85C2-4CD2-A344-321FD286067E.jpeg

Just now, Simon Comics said:

Quite proud of this trio of comics I got. Happened all in the same month. Cap 2 wirh the classic Joe Simon hitler cover. Cap 8 with Joe Simon, jack Kirby pencils, Joe Simon inks (with some inks by al Gabrielle) and mystic comics #6 cover by Alex Schomburg (alitrle Kirby and even less Joe) 

still in shock that I own these. Mystic I’m looking to upgrade and I need a centerfold for cap 2 but boy am I happy! 

FC989BD6-85C2-4CD2-A344-321FD286067E.jpeg

Here’s bigger pictures of the covers. 

599B7810-3430-42CB-9738-16C3A1F8CF3C.jpeg

810A5304-E10D-4DCF-8566-80E65A494913.jpeg

107DD3E5-8C54-46DD-AED7-261BB54E2504.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Badger said:

I love Cap 8. Really, really want a copy. :luhv:Congratulations on great pickups!

Being totially honest, I never cared for this cover. I’ve always favored cap 1,2,5,9 as a kid. However after getting cap 7 and cap 8 those have become some of my favorites! The only part that bothers me of this cover is the nazi holding the torch in the bottom left. He just isn’t inked right IMO. But still a beautiful cover snd a beautiful copy