• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

This got me thinking what the first comic was that had drawings of Human Torch, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America?  Human Torch #2 (#3) has an ad for Captain America #1 and stories for the others.  Was there a Marvel Mystery comic before that one?

Are you asking about interior ads, panels, or covers- or all? I know that All Winners 7 was the 1st Schomburg war cover to show the big Timely 3 heroes (without any sidekicks). 

3 minutes ago, Primetime said:

Are you asking about interior ads, panels, or covers- or all? I know that All Winners 7 was the 1st Schomburg war cover to show the big Timely 3 heroes (without any sidekicks). 

Thanks.  I was initially wondering about the first comic that has all 3, not necessarily all on one page together.  So does the All Winners 7 sell for a premium as a result?

19 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Thanks.  I was initially wondering about the first comic that has all 3, not necessarily all on one page together.  So does the All Winners 7 sell for a premium as a result?

Torch 2(3) - Dec 1940 would be the earliest Timely that has all three characters in some print form capacity (Cap 1 ad, Torch/Subby cover and interior stories). I don’t think there was a Cap ad of any sort in Marvel Mystery 15 or 16. 

All Winners 1 was the first cover with all three heroes (plus sidekicks). All Winners 7 is one of the better covers for sure and are highly desired by Timely enthusiasts. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Wow, learn something new everyday. I did not know that!

AW_7_CGC_Front_zpsjzwge7vi.JPG.80db13101d1377899be79425b926e51a.JPG

Seems like Schomburg was experimenting with the large figures. All Winners 7 shows medium sized heroes (no sidekicks). Then the 8 is slightly larger with sidekicks. On 9, they are smaller with sidekicks. 10-12 they are medium sized with sidekicks.  By late 1943, we get the full sized heroes on All Select 1-2. Then they are medium the rest of that run. So if someone prefers just the trio in larger format, the AW7, AS1-2 are prime examples (thumbsu

10 hours ago, Badger said:

The long wait for the Mystic V2#1 made me super paranoid about this one. I thought it had gone missing and got Strawman all spun up for a minute. :fear:Fortunately, Strawman and the Post Master talked me off the ledge and it arrived safe and sound earlier today.

This and the Mystic V2#1 may be the last Timelys I buy for a while. I made a real run at the Captain America Comics #32 in Heritage's current auction but the price got too high for my blood. Cap prices have gone out the stratosphere now. :( 

WHEW!

and YAY!