• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, sartrexpress said:

I have been a little out of the loop lately, can someone fill me in on the Chinatown pedigree collection. Ive not heard of it? 

posted is the last book I was able to get to complete the run...

USA 5 9.4 .jpg

WOW!!!! The whole run ??!!     Let's see it  (especially want to see your #7)

Hey, all - posting this here, since it's all Timely folks – these are my Top Timely wants (plus Marvel Mystery #51), so if you have, please let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

All Select #3, 4

Captain America #27

Marvel Mystery #52, 63 (+ #51)

Namora #3

All the best, and stay safe and healthy, Mike

Gold Want List - TOP Timely Wants 2.jpg

well, the last raw books of the mm run, those after #40, were hand-delivered to s'sota a couple weeks ago, and books are starting to come back.   over the past decade or so, i cherry-picked issues that i thought had a shot at high grades, or were relatively more valuable than "plain ol'" issues, so i'm not expecting to get starry-eyed over any until maybe real late in the run where some pretty books will get nice grades [i hope].  anyway, here are the first 2 in hand.

3B28F5AC-DC56-4980-8FED-B990532EBF1C.jpeg

Edited by Straw-Man

8 hours ago, sartrexpress said:

I have been a little out of the loop lately, can someone fill me in on the Chinatown pedigree collection. Ive not heard of it? 

USA 5 9.4 .jpg

Just how I like my nazis, with a boot on their face.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:59 AM, sartrexpress said:

USA 5 9.4 .jpg

It's a shame you had to settle for such a beater. 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:02 AM, Straw-Man said:

coming in at a trickle...

2EBCF8F8-ECBE-4A4A-985B-264569F89C1A.jpeg

1 hour ago, walclark said:

Love this cover, but is roasting a boy that can catch himself on fire effective?  Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, buttock said:

Good point.  Maybe they're being nice and he was cold? 

No, no, no. Its a Nazi-Pirate themed day spa! She's on a massage table and he's on a back adjuster/tanning spit.  Torch is just discussing the bill with the manager. I guess if you look at it with a little imagination they could be trying to "roast" Toro but he's just tanning.