• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Weird  question but an honest one . Are non WW2 covers that much more undesirable than its counterpart even if the book may be rarer . I’ve been debating lately if I should break my submariner run up to buy a big silver key like AF15 but have held off because I know I’d never get the books again . 

most people I talk to try and handcuff me in that they always use non WW2 cover as less desirable and think it should come with big price drops????

Any thoughts or advice ? Currently I have 14-42 of the Subby run and all the books are cgc blue in various grades 

Noted . I knew this about the Subbys and I always dreamed of completing them as it’s more rewarding . The problem I have is price point . The AF 15 has climbed to almost unattainable levels even in 2-2.5 . I’ve been outbid on almost every Submariner timely since December so the market and money has def shifted leaving me with what I have and no means to buy at the moment . Chances are I’ll hold Submariners  but I’m still trying to understand how certain collectors down play issues after 1945 .