• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Perhaps, this can make amends.......

704486-1scanmpfw.jpg

Jon,

Is your copy restored and what do you know about the actual find of the Motion Picture Funnies weekly?

hi.gifpopcorn.gif

Not restored.....they all came out of the Jacquet estate who was head of Funnies Inc. which produced many comics in the 1940s...This was try-out which did not fly as a weekly...blank inner covers.....full color inside...material that got used in Marvel 1 and 2 and Silver Streak.....

Do you have any information about the actual find? I understand that there was one near mint copy with the others all being of the same grade. My information was that the other copies all had frayed spines. Any idea how many copies of covers #2-4 were found?

Thanks.

Nice book Jon, do you have a Daring Mystery Comics #1? I love that cover.

West

I sometimes forget how great these early Schomburg covers are....

715440-1scandar1.jpg

The cover gloss on that book is pretty amazing after all these years. Jon do you use microchamber paper for your books?

Nice book Jon, do you have a Daring Mystery Comics #1? I love that cover.

West

I sometimes forget how great these early Schomburg covers are....

715440-1scandar1.jpg

Wow! 893whatthe.gif

hail.gif

704486-1scanmpfw.jpg

Jon,

Is your copy restored and what do you know about the actual find of the Motion Picture Funnies weekly?

hi.gifpopcorn.gif

Not restored.....they all came out of the Jacquet estate who was head of Funnies Inc. which produced many comics in the 1940s...This was try-out which did not fly as a weekly...blank inner covers.....full color inside...material that got used in Marvel 1 and 2 and Silver Streak.....

Jon, sorry about all the questions but I find the stories behind these books facinating. Is this a very limited release? I'd look it up in the OS guide but I don't even know what number this one is? tongue.gif

This was try-out which did not fly as a weekly...blank inner covers.....full color inside...material that got used in Marvel 1 and 2 and Silver Streak.....

Oh, crud... If material in MPFW was used in Silver Streak that means I need to add it to my "Complete Lev Gleason Collection"... Better start saving! foreheadslap.gif

But seriously, what story wound up in Silver Streak? I knew about material finding it's way into Marvel Mystery, but I never knew of the Silver Streak connection.

704486-1scanmpfw.jpg

Jon,

hi.gifpopcorn.gif

Jon, sorry about all the questions but I find the stories behind these books facinating. Is this a very limited release? I'd look it up in the OS guide but I don't even know what number this one is? tongue.gif

It's in the promos section and that is #1, 2-4 are only covers. gossip.gif OS notes 8 known copies. Can't believe you own one. Your collection is insane. hail.gif